Apple Fanboys (and Fangirls)

Casper

For song info, right now I just have a blank screen when I stream music but CDs display artist, album, track and other info. This is supposed to be fixed in iOS5 since every other smart phone in earth can already do this lol.

with my ford sync via USB it shows metadata. Or are you talking via bluetooth? in which my ford sync just says bluetooth media stream

with my ford sync via USB it shows metadata. Or are you talking via bluetooth? in which my ford sync just says bluetooth media stream

I'm talking over Bluetooth, mine shows info for all other music sources except Bluetooth because the iPhone can't do it yet.

I was hoping to purchase an updated iphone but it looks like they only provided an overview of an iphone 4 with iOS5. I do not see any reason to purchase a new phone with old tech. I hope the new nexus prime doesn't go overboard with their screen size (4.6" doesn't sound comfortable in your pocket), because the specs sound pretty good.

link to nexus prime release on Oct 11

http://phandroid.com/2011/10/06/samsung-galaxy-nexus-nexus-prime-specs-get-detailed/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM9RO-GAKjE

LoL at the thought of the fury that the Jobs' estate will bring to the Phelps family if they even come close to fucking with them. Me thinks they might be a tad out of their league with this funeral.

Oh yeah.

Just the same as when they ditched floppy drives and ps/2 ports to go all USB/Firewire. The PC folks bitched and bitched (even though they hate Apples and it didn't affect them). Sure enough, PCs don't have ps/2 ports nor floppy drives anymore, but always come with USB and Firewire ports. :lol:

OK Ill give you USB has replaced PS/2, serial and Parallel ports. However I don't think firewire is on many computers expect Sony and Apple. Doesn't appear that firewire is required for any thing and is not used for much.

Craig

OK Ill give you USB has replaced PS/2, serial and Parallel ports. However I don't think firewire is on many computers expect Sony and Apple. Doesn't appear that firewire is required for any thing and is not used for much.

Craig

HP, Sony, Dell, Lenovo, Apple, Alienware, etc have all had Firewire ports on their computers. It's usually found on higher end models. It is primarily used for video and audio transfer. However, newer/faster connections are now available.
USB 2.0 replaced Firewire' date=' that's why.[/quote'] Firewire 400 (400 Mb/s) is faster than USB (1.5 Mb/s)

Firewire 400 (400 Mb/s) is faster than USB 1.1 (12 Mb/s)

USB 2.0 (480 Mb/s) is faster than Firewire (400 Mb/s)

Firewire 800 (800 Mb/s) is faster than USB 2.0 (480 Mb/s)

USB 3.0 (5Gb/s) is faster than Firewire 800 (800Mb/s)

eSata 6G (6Gb/s) is faster than USB 3.0 (5Gb/s)

Thunderbolt (10Gb/s) is faster than eSata 6G (6Gb/s)

So relatively speaking, USB 2.0 blows. :D