Apple Fanboys (and Fangirls)

Casper

We have an iPad2. I use it more than the computer these days. Never miss flash on it either. :D

oh i forgot about the ipad, my mom just got one and I think its pretty cool but if I have an iphone and a laptop (both free and work provided :D ) I don't really see the need for an ipad

:nono:

Of course. :D

iMessage is in addition to texting. It's a brand new thing only available on Apple iOS5. Think of it as an instant messenger like AIM. You can only instant message those using an instant messenger client. It doesn't use SMS, therefore you can't just magically send an instant message to someone's cell number and have them receive it as a text. If you did, then it wouldn't be just data. I've been beta testing it. It's actually pretty sweet.

Google Talk.

AIM

Yahoo Messenger

(Whatever M$ wants to call it this week) Messenger

+ many others

All through Trillian, on the Android app. I think the have an iphone app, too.

What's so new and cool about another IM app?

Google Talk.

AIM

Yahoo Messenger

+ many others

It's integrated into the texting app. It automatically detects whether to use SMS (texting) or the iMessages app depending on whether the receiving person is on iOS or not. You don't have to use separate apps. It's all in one place. The iMessage protocol bypasses the carrier, so no texting charges for those without unlimited texting. Works on the iPod/iPad as well via wireless and data. So even if you don't have a 3g data plan, you can "text" for free to other iOS devices.

Google Talk.

AIM

Yahoo Messenger

+ many others

Can't you read porter! It's only available between other Apple fans and it's only available between other Apple fans.

:nono:

:D

You're forgetting the apple logos all over everything he owns. He probably even has an apple tattoo! :eek:

(J/K Ben! Sort of... :lol:)

Sorry. No PowerMac mailbox. No Apple tattoos. No Apple stickers on anything. Sorry to burst the bubble.

I've got $20 that says his kids middle name is "Apple".

:D

I <3 u still Casper.

Nope. Soltys. Carie's maiden name. Her father was the last living male in the family. This way, his name goes on one more generation. You owe me $20. Next?

It's integrated into the texting app. It automatically detects whether to use SMS (texting) or the iMessages app depending on whether the receiving person is on iOS or not. You don't have to use separate apps. It's all in one place. The iMessage protocol bypasses the carrier, so no texting charges for those without unlimited texting. Works on the iPod/iPad as well via wireless and data. So even if you don't have a 3g data plan, you can "text" for free to other iOS devices.

I guess that is a bit more cool than I thought, but not really something I'd want to use. Very few people that I text, or communicate with have iphones, and I'd rather keep the IM's on the computer, not following me on the phonem, which I why I don't use the Trillian app.

not sure i understand all the bickering - Apple people loves them some Apple stuff, and will buy anything that comes from Cupertino.

Usually costs more, usually works well, usually physically designed well, software is intuitive (read: easy to use).

What's wrong with that? I will bet Casper's new found $20 that ANY company would love to have customers like that.

I use Jr.'s iPad2 on occasion. It works. It's not $200 better than my 'droid tablet, though, not by a long shot.

I use my Droid incredible as everything. I don't think I would need to buy a tablet or iPad when it is just like a oversized ipod touch

My gf has the incredible 2 and that thing has shit for battery life compared to my iPhone :dunno:

she loves haveing a smart phone but misses the 5 day battery life she would get outta her LG Dare

ok but seriously, did they announce this shit so people can quit speculating?

Yes. No iPhone 5, its the iPhone 4s. Available on ATT, Verizon & Sprint October 14.

Highlights:

New A5 Processor

8 mega pixel camera

1080p video

Longer battery life

Better antenna with smart switching

New voice recognition stuff (Siri - Not sure if it's 4s exclusive or built into iOS5)

Same body as the iPhone 4

Yes. No iPhone 5, its the iPhone 4s. Available on ATT, Verizon & Sprint October 14.

Highlights:

New A5 Processor

8 mega pixel camera

1080p video

Longer battery life

Better antenna with smart switching

New voice recognition stuff (Siri - Not sure if it's 4s exclusive or built into iOS5)

Same body as the iPhone 4

We just got done talking about this in the office as two of the guys on my team are Applebots. Neither are impressed. Overhyped, underdelivered.

My gf has the incredible 2 and that thing has shit for battery life compared to my iPhone :dunno:

she loves haveing a smart phone but misses the 5 day battery life she would get outta her LG Dare

Yea I got the incredible1 and battery life sucks if your on it constantly. I keep a charger with me all the time lol

flash is dying like vhs and cd's. html5 is the next thing in line (which apple fully supports). apple was just ahead of the curve.

Just the same as when they ditched floppy drives and ps/2 ports to go all USB/Firewire. The PC folks bitched and bitched (even though they hate Apples and it didn't affect them). Sure enough, PCs don't have ps/2 ports nor floppy drives anymore, but always come with USB and Firewire ports. :lol:

Sure enough, PCs don't have ps/2 ports

Ummm, every one of the hundreds and hundreds of PC's we bought this summer have PS 2 ports. As did the new one I bought my mother in law this past weekend. It's kind of nice being able to recycle a perfectly good keyboard instead of having to buy a new one for no reason other than to make Steve's stock options worth more. :D

Ummm, every one of the hundreds and hundreds of PC's we bought this summer have PS 2 ports. As did the new one I bought my mother in law this past weekend. It's kind of nice being able to recycle a perfectly good keyboard instead of having to buy a new one for no reason other than to make Steve's stock options worth more. :D

Carie's PC in her office doesn't have PS/2 ports. The PC we bought her mom for Christmas last year doesn't have PS/2 ports. The server hosting OR doesn't have PS/2 ports. It was classified as legacy in 2000 by Intel and Microsoft. It's sometimes still used in corporate environments because of security (USB ports can be disabled completely so no USB drives can be used). But other than that, I don't know a single reason to use PS/2.