Anyone use smart phone to accept credit cards?

chevysoldier

I offer Paypal for people who want to pay by CC, and tell them that there's an additional 3% due to fees. I don't do enough CC business to justify any of the CC payment methods (and fees) that I looked in to.

Edit: Okay, looked at the Square thing, and gotta say its very cool. I don't think I would have any concerns with using it. Its not MY credit card info thats going out over the air.

Edited by YSR_Racer_99

I offer Paypal for people who want to pay by CC, and tell them that there's an additional 3% due to fees. I don't do enough CC business to justify any of the CC payment methods (and fees) that I looked in to.

Edit: Okay, looked at the Square thing, and gotta say its very cool. I don't think I would have any concerns with using it. Its not MY credit card info thats going out over the air.

My understanding from when I had a credit card terminal (and PayPal) is that you can't do this. (penalize credit card users) So to get around it, you offer a "discount" to non credit card payers and raise your normal prices

I have PayAnywhere. Only use it when I have to ie. out on the road and no terminal with me or not an paypal customer. Very High transaction % but otherwise no fees.... so in the long run, it is not too bad.

My understanding from when I had a credit card terminal (and PayPal) is that you can't do this. (penalize credit card users) So to get around it, you offer a "discount" to non credit card payers and raise your normal prices

For person to person, I don't think there's anything preventing it. For a business, I believe you are correct.