Internet issues

Casper

The site was just down for a couple of minutes due to an internet issue. I tried calling AT&T, but before I could get through it came back up. Then the alarm company called because of the trouble signal. So I never got to talk to anyone from AT&T. It looks like it was just a fluke, but just in case I figured I'd post up. Hopefully it won't happen again. It's the first time I've seen that happen. But just a heads up.

Funny that you mention AT&T. I was speaking to someone that works for them that was saying how they have terrible customer service, and that they're charging people for problems like this, even if it's on AT&T's end! :eek: That may have just been for u-verse, as that is all I recall him mentioning.

Funny that you mention AT&T. I was speaking to someone that works for them that was saying how they have terrible customer service, and that they're charging people for problems like this, even if it's on AT&T's end! :eek: That may have just been for u-verse, as that is all I recall him mentioning.
Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. AT&T UVerse internet has be freaking awesome.
AT&T service sucks to the max!
Not at all. We've had UVerse internet for two or three years now, and this is the very first blip we've seen. And it was back online literally before I could look up the number to call. I have nothing bad to say about AT&T. We experienced more outages when the server was hosted in a tier 1 datacenter.

sunspots/solar flares interfered with our satellite uplink.

time sync was off.

core router issue.

transferred fsmo roles.

hostd process hung up.

moved certain traffic on that segment of the WAN to a different QOS class.

As long as we (IT) throw around terms that the end-user doesn't understand we can cover our mistakes (like unplugging a server to plug in the coffee pot) easily.

sunspots/solar flares interfered with our satellite uplink.

time sync was off.

core router issue.

transferred fsmo roles.

hostd process hung up.

moved certain traffic on that segment of the WAN to a different QOS class.

As long as we (IT) throw around terms that the end-user doesn't understand we can cover our mistakes (like unplugging a server to plug in the coffee pot) easily.

:lol:

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. AT&T UVerse internet has be freaking awesome.

Not at all. We've had UVerse internet for two or three years now, and this is the very first blip we've seen. And it was back online literally before I could look up the number to call. I have nothing bad to say about AT&T. We experienced more outages when the server was hosted in a tier 1 datacenter.

I know what you're saying. Time Warner has been nearly that awesome for me, for the past several years.

Here at work, we have AT&T, and it is TERRIBLE! When it rains, we get constant connection drops, then the DSL modem has to retrain, etc...

I had Uverse tv and internet when I lived in Canton and it was awesome. Never had a single issue and never lost service. Once I moved to Westerville, Uverse was garbage and we lost signal quite a bit and the customer service was terrible; our main DVR stopped working and I called customer service but instead of sending me another DVR they sent me another residential gateway :facepalm:

After I cancled Uverse we switched to Insight, whose equipment and on screen menus look like they are from 2003. I would switch to something else but I'm just tired of the hassle