Roadsmart life expectancy?

SWing'R

What kind of mileage should i expect from a set of Roadsmarts?

Got them last last April and acording to the mileage

On the receipt and my current mileage, they have a

little over 5650 miles on them.

Had my 12k mi service today at Honda Nw and they

said to consider tires soon. Said front was wearing

and that the rear had flat spots.

Edited by SWing'R

I got a new set of them less than a year ago and my front is doing "ok" but the rear still looks good considering their treatment under my ZX14 - my work commute is about 75 miles round trip and I typically run the pipelines to work, but sometimes backroad home just for a change of pace and to help wear the sides of the tires too - its mostly dependant on your riding style and the severity of any punishment you give them......but they are a good tire imho.......I've put about 3500 miles on mine this year with more than half their life left, so they are lasting far better than the BT's and Qualifiers I've had

Roadsmarts are amazing tires. Honestly though you should be past the stage in your riding career to NOT be able to see when you need new tires Swing'r. The store should have no influence on you by now man.

Did you tell him all tires are wearing once used? Lol

Edited by NinjaNick

Roadsmarts are amazing tires. Honestly though you should be past the stage in your riding career to NOT be able to see when you need new tires Swing'r. The store should have no influence on you by now man.

Did you tell him all tires are wearing once used? Lol

I appreciate your confidence in me but honestly, when it comes to upkeep

on anything mechanical I'm pretty much in the dark and usually take the

advice of a shop to do what they recommend. It may end up costing me

money in the long run that didn't always need to be spent but it won't

make me any more unsafe by taking their suggestions.

I guess I can spot a "bad" tire easily but not sure about a normally

wearing tire. Let's not forget I found some weird cuts on the rear tire

and the tires do look a little strange in the way they are wearing.

The front time has a flat strip maybe 1.5 to 2" wide that feels flat and the

rear looks the same but the strip is wider. Is this just because I've done to

much highway riding and not enough twisties this season??

:dunno:

Are you fanatical about keeping the properly inflated? Under inflation really cuts the life of a tire short.

I always keep them inflated properly. Check them almost every time I go out.

...Unfortunately' date=' you will not get the expected mileage from your tires, due to your frequent highway commuting.[/quote']

I've definitely done more "running around town" this season than actual riding.

Guess I'll plan on new rubber next season. Maybe I'll do some price shopping

online over the winter.

Made me go out and look at mine. Roadsmart on rear of both 919. Not many miles on them, but one shows a tiny amount of wear, and the other shows nothing. The one with the greater miles on the tire is the one that shows nothing. I'm guessing the 17T front sprocket on that one doesn't let me slam torque on the rear tire like the 16T front sprocket of the other one does. And a different riding style.

Therefore, mileage of the tire will vary according to the way it's rode. Ride hard and it will wear faster. Duh me. I do expect the Roadsmart on both to not wear out so fast down the middle, like the old Qualifier did. Maybe get two years out of each, but not really counting on it. I could wear out a Qualifier in just part of a season if I goofed around and abused it.

edit: oh, and if you look up the RoadSmart front tire specs, it is an ordinary tire without multiple compounds. It is an ordinary tire of slightly different compound from the older qualifier, to match the rear RoadSmart. I'm running the old qualifier on the front with the RoadSmart in the rear, till the front wears out. Slight difference, but close enough for now.

Edited by ReconRat