Sportbike Magazine-Suggested Suspension Settings For Many Bikes

Blitz

Found this while looking around online for a setup for my bike and I thought others could use the info. It's a chart with most bikes and suggested suspension settings. The settings they give for my bike are much stiffer than the settings in the owners manual for a 150 lb rider....so I'm guessing it's the recommended settings for someone that actually "rides" their bike. Let me know if it helps anyone. I'm bookmarking it for sure.

http://www.sportrider.com/suspension_settings/suspension/146_suggested_suspension_settings/kawasaki.html

• Upvote 1

Man...the adjustments they gave were spot on. Really balanced and brought my bike to life this afternoon. I set it to the suggested settings and then changed a few things to what I thought was right. Then halfway through the ride I was like eff it and changed it to the exact settings they give and the bike was perfectly balanced. Really a great find. I urge people to check out the settings for their bike and try them out.

suggested settings are not how you tune a suspension. about the only thing those are good for is familiarizing you with what the settings are.

no two bikes will react the same way. even your tires play a huge role in how your bike behaves. also, most people wouldn't know the difference between a properly working bike and a poor working bike.

me included. my bike feels great to me at time but is chewing up tires on the track. but set it up to quit chewing up the tires and it feels "off" to me.