New Battlefield trailer!

4DAIVI PAI2K5

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same for xbox - you have to type in a code to access the online features

that includes co-op mode...and theres no split screen....so forget having two people play on one console...tried earlier and couldnt do it

been playing most of the day on and off, when my connection isnt shitty, and the longer i play the more i dislike it..... the only thing i like about it is how fluid the characters are, the destructible environment is awesome, and the graphics are nice....the vehicles are alright, and the maps arent bad...but i hate the perks system, dont like how switching factions switches guns (m4/ak74, etc), dont like that you cant customize controls, i think it sucks theres no split screen, the damage system is nuts how you can shoot someone 4 times and they arent dead, and the weapons arent accurate at all over any distance....had a guy shooting at me with a sniper rifle from about 150yds, his aim sucked, i had him lined up perfectly in my sights and i shot an entire magazine at him (not rapid fire, controlled) and didnt even hit him.....i understand an assault rifle isnt a sniper rifle, but an m4 should be more accurate than a shotgun, even out to 150yds

Edited by Steve Butters

So, is the game worth buying?

im sure for some people....but after playing all day i kinda wish i had my $60 back

it sucks because it plays nice and the game engine is better than anything ive seen before, but theres too many things that i just cant stand....mostly the damage....its pretty shitty when you can come up behind someone and start shooting them and they live long enough to turn around and shoot you back before they die...for instance, i shot a guy once and then someone else killed him the rest of way....i got 19 points, meaning i did 19% of the damage for the kill...so that means it would have taken 5 or 6 of my bullets to kill that guy myself...im used to hardcore mode in COD where you die as soon as you get hit...if its a noncritical hit like a leg or something you might last two bullets...but never 5

while this game looks a million times better and the game engine and characters all run a million times better, i had a lot more fun playing black ops

if mw3 can match bf3 in making their characters move fluidly and making the grahics up to par, i will probably not play bf3 after it comes out

Edited by Steve Butters

same for xbox - you have to type in a code to access the online features

that includes co-op mode...and theres no split screen....so forget having two people play on one console...tried earlier and couldnt do it

Thats BS. Thats enough reason I wont buy it. I would be especially pissed if I was xbox and already paid for online gaming :wtf:

There will most likely be an update to fix the gripes people are having in a few weeks,

i think a lot of the gripes i have are just things that are bf related...i never played any of the ones before this one, so that may be why i dislike the way so many things are done

Thats BS. Thats enough reason I wont buy it. I would be especially pissed if I was xbox and already paid for online gaming :wtf:

yep.

imagine the suckers who buy it used at gamestop for $55 instead of $60 new. then have to spend 10 to play online and end up paying more for a used one than a new one.

the code didnt bother me since i bought it new and it came with it - but yea, im not sure what they were thinking...theres going to be a ton of people pissed off when they rent it and get it home and realize they cant go online

and no splitscreen mode SUCKS

im sure for some people....but after playing all day i kinda wish i had my $60 back

it sucks because it plays nice and the game engine is better than anything ive seen before, but theres too many things that i just cant stand....mostly the damage....its pretty shitty when you can come up behind someone and start shooting them and they live long enough to turn around and shoot you back before they die...for instance, i shot a guy once and then someone else killed him the rest of way....i got 19 points, meaning i did 19% of the damage for the kill...so that means it would have taken 5 or 6 of my bullets to kill that guy myself...im used to hardcore mode in COD where you die as soon as you get hit...if its a noncritical hit like a leg or something you might last two bullets...but never 5

while this game looks a million times better and the game engine and characters all run a million times better, i had a lot more fun playing black ops

if mw3 can match bf3 in making their characters move fluidly and making the grahics up to par, i will probably not play bf3 after it comes out

Thanks, that's a lot of good info. I guess for the graphics part of it, I'll just buy it. Like Kawi said, I'm sure they will fix any issues they're having with the game.

Thanks, that's a lot of good info. I guess for the graphics part of it, I'll just buy it. Like Kawi said, I'm sure they will fix any issues they're having with the game.

the graphics and game engine are amazing....it plays better than any fps ive played before, by a lot

So....I rented this game and was playing offline for a bit. I was geting bored decided to hop online....Turns out for PS3 you need to either have the code that came with the game or pay $10 to buy the code.....seriously?
yep.

imagine the suckers who buy it used at gamestop for $55 instead of $60 new. then have to spend 10 to play online and end up paying more for a used one than a new one.

the code didnt bother me since i bought it new and it came with it - but yea, im not sure what they were thinking...theres going to be a ton of people pissed off when they rent it and get it home and realize they cant go online

They made that change last year. EA was one of the sticklers about it.

Because they were loosing money when people were buying games 2nd hand. Sucks but that's the way it is now.

They made that change last year. EA was one of the sticklers about it.

Because they were loosing money when people were buying games 2nd hand. Sucks but that's the way it is now.

Yeah it's been that way for a while and EA isn't the only one doing it. I was having a lot of issues staying connected to a game last night when I was trying to join with a party but around 12-1am it seemed to clear up so hopefully they're adding capacity. Overall I really like the game - I've always been a fan of Battlefiled and liked it way more than CoD - there's a lot more variety in BF. My only gripe is that the maps are kinda big on the console version for only 24 players. If my pc could actually run this I would have gone that direction - 64 player servers and the graphics are 1000x better

ive decided my reviews on BF3 might be a bit critical

i think im having ISP issues....tried to play with R1crusher and a few other people last night and i got kicked from the session like every 5 minutes, but those guys were running flawlessly...so i think the problem is on my end...might be because my xbox is in the basement and the router is upstairs, im not sure...might be my shitty isp

ive decided my reviews on BF3 might be a bit critical

i think im having ISP issues....tried to play with R1crusher and a few other people last night and i got kicked from the session like every 5 minutes, but those guys were running flawlessly...so i think the problem is on my end...might be because my xbox is in the basement and the router is upstairs, im not sure...might be my shitty isp

Check your server location. Mine was set to Europe off the get go.

Check your server location. Mine was set to Europe off the get go.

changed it to US east in the game select thing, is that where you found it? or is there a thing in the menus or settings?

i was joining games through my friends list last night, and i was using the quick play thing to play other matches...went into the server browser and saw the europe thing