Cash not allowed by LAW?

jporter12

ok chevy - 1 down, now prove to me the rest of them... firearm laws, driving laws, voting laws, etc etc...since state law is the law of the land it should be easy to prove right? forget the constitution. maybe ohio should make its own currency since the dollar is going down the drain

lol. I'm not here to battle firearm laws, driving laws, voting laws, etc etc. Are you aware of the 21st Amendment? By your quote:

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding."

Makes the 21st Amendment the law of the land. This is your train of thought, correct train of thought I will add.

The Twenty-first Amendment (Amendment XXI) to the United States Constitution repealed the Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which had mandated nationwide Prohibition. It was ratified on December 5, 1933.
Justices O'Connor and Brennan each filed dissents. O'Connor agreed that Congress may attach conditions on the receipt of federal funds, and that the Twenty-First Amendment gives states authority over laws relating to the consumption of alcohol.

I still <3 you Tyler. :D

i already said you had me on the alcohol law - not sure the point of your last post :confused:

these guys are all arguing that state law comes before federal law and i pointed in the constitution where it clearly says it doesnt.

then you wanna argue that state law is above federal and your hung up on the alcohol law instead of proving anything besides that one law

if state law was above all else - states would control voting laws, firearms laws, all traffic laws, etc...there wouldnt even be any federal laws because nobody would bother listening to them when they could make their own laws

i already said you had me on the alcohol law - not sure the point of your last post :confused:

these guys are all arguing that state law comes before federal law and i pointed in the constitution where it clearly says it doesnt.

then you wanna argue that state law is above federal and your hung up on the alcohol law instead of proving anything besides that one law

if state law was above all else - states would control voting laws, firearms laws, all traffic laws, etc...there wouldnt even be any federal laws because nobody would bother listening to them when they could make their own laws

I never said state law was above federal law, I agreed with you that the Constitution is the law of the land.

:wtf: k.

Constitution= law of the land. Twenty-first Amendment (part of the Constitution and therefore law of the land)= state level regulation of alcohol. My only point in this entire thing was to disprove your statement: "thats why states cant set their own drinking ages". Not once did I say state law trumped federal law nor did I reference firearms or voting.

That being said, I think I am done with this thread. lol

ok chevy - 1 down, now prove to me the rest of them... firearm laws, driving laws, voting laws, etc etc...since state law is the law of the land it should be easy to prove right? forget the constitution. maybe ohio should make its own currency since the dollar is going down the drain

http://www.2pass.co.uk/ages2.htm

One of MANY reasons to have a paper trail.

yeah, i was pointing that out because its annoying that politicians guise things like this as a means to protect the public (stolen goods) when its really for getting more tax money to waste.

like when i got a form from the state about how much i made off of my 600rr when i sold it (asking price, actual sale price, how much cash i got, etc; someone else started a thread like that some time ago). i told the form to go f**k itself and i figure its somewhere in the middle of the land fill now. the point is that its seems obvious to me that they are trying to keep tabs on secondhand cash sales between individuals for reason of taxing them. what next, i'll have to pay taxes for doing someone a favor? i mean, a service was performed which could have been payed for.

if anyone/thing needs to be on a fixed income its the govt.

...but, i'm sure everyone will just roll over an comply like is the norm these days.

States do control those laws. Why do you think Jim Crow laws were upheld for so long South of the Mason-Dixon Line? Or the fact that I can't write in any presidential candidate on an Ohio ballot?

There are Federal firearm requirements, but look at the firearm laws of Ohio versus New Jersey. Or consider Arizona passing it's own anti-immigration laws.

The Supremacy Clause doesn't allow a State to make it's own treaty with a foreign power and prohibits other situations where a conflict of interest can occur between a state and the Federal Government. In those situations only, the Federal Law takes precedence.

Federal Law is still enforced though, because a States Rule of Law only extends to the States border. Ohio law isn't applicable in Michigan. There are certain things a state can't do that the Fed can, and vice versa.

That's why Federal Agencies need to be asked by the state to intervene, a state of emergency must be declared (by the state leader), or a Federal Law must be broken (the "juris-my-diction bull shit" that we see in cop movies all the time).

Despite the hype, the Federal Government has a very limited role in the actual day to day government. Which is good because they can only screw up a few things, instead of everything.

• Upvote 1

Actually I think that a State's laws do supersede Federal laws. The actual power that the Federal government has over states is (legally and constitutionally) fairly small. For example, Federal lawyers had to use the Interstate Commerce Act to enforce legal action against Southern companies who wouldn't hire blacks. They also use grant money with specific requirements to get states to enforce the Americans with Disabilities Act. If a state builds disability friendly sidewalks and other improvements, they get Federal money for schools.

If this law stands up as Constitutional, which I doubt, don't be surprised if Louisiana starts to lose Federal funding and grant monies.

NOPE! that's why the feds are busting up the legal pot stuff in california.

NOPE! that's why the feds are busting up the legal pot stuff in california.

I believe those now fall under Federal jurisdiction, given how much weed is involved in many of those cases. Federal jurisdiction, federal enforcement.

I believe those now fall under Federal jurisdiction, given how much weed is involved in many of those cases. Federal jurisdiction, federal enforcement.

they were talking to a guy from the gov on NPR and he said states cannot make up laws that supersede federal laws. (he even said for medical use)

pot is illegal under federal laws and no state can say it's legal in their state.

so if money is legal tender under federal laws, I can't see this getting by before someone in the fed gov putting a stop to it. which they should anyway just for the principal of it.

Did anyone know that each state has laws about carrying large amounts of cash through their states? If you are caught carrying amounts over that particular state's limits you can be open to further search and seizures.

Did anyone know that each state has laws about carrying large amounts of cash through their states? If you are caught carrying amounts over that particular state's limits you can be open to further search and seizures.

This is why I carry gold bars. :D Yeah there heavy but none of that why all the cash BS form the police. :rolleyes: