Amateur video of Simoncelli

bacchus

I've watched the crash more times than I would like and agree, he was in bad shape - Edwards and Rossi hit him hard. But his chances of survival were greatly diminished by his treatment.

i couldnt disagree more.

Words from Paolo Simoncelli, Marco's father:

"I was thereabouts, but Marco was dead already. I was 10 metres away, but Marco was already dead, it changed nothing.

"I helped them: when they got back up and passed the stretcher over to my side of the guard rail I took the stretcher to place it in the ambulance and held Marco's hand and called him 'Ciao Marco', but he was gone already.

"They say God summons the best to heaven. I don't know. I wish that's how it is."

Edited by ama146

Had a very close friend have the exact same thing happen. Many of you have heard my Putnam horror story watching him pass in front of us, but it was the exact same thing. He got his head ran over and it tore the helmet clean off of him...!

I was a corner worker that day at Putnam when Eric B. lost his life. Spooky as shit to see.

I've also cornerworked for AMA races in the past as well; very few, if any, of the workers are EMT's or Doctors - most are just volunteers. I'm sure EMT's and DR are at the races, but they aren't the ones scraping you up off of the track.

At a lot fo the putnam park races, the "EMT's" in teh ambulance are little more than ambulance drivers. Very basic medical assistance is at the track. I think some folks would be surprised by who is in the ambulance.

• 2 weeks later...
In any case, he was gone as soon as his helmet was ripped off...

I am with you on this one. As soon as Rossi's bike knocked Marco's hat off, I assumed he was gone.

I can't imagine the amount of force or what it would take to rip a helmet off like that so I went out to the garage, strapped mine on and tried to give it a tug.

My pure guess is that his neck was broken. Quick, no pain, gone.