Beer Pics

Casper

Burning river makes me suspect anything that comes out of Great lakes brewing Co. Tastes like it was pre-regurgitated.

the first time I had Burning River, I thought they just straight bottled the river. Then I actually developed a taste for other IPA's and now I give it a middle of the road IPA.

Start with Elliot Ness or Dortmunder Gold if you like a good lager then branch out from there with GL beers

• 2 weeks later...
Saw this one (Ky BBA above), thought about giving it a try. Any bourbon flavor to it?

Not as much as I expected, just a hint of the 'bourbon' flavor, I think the oak barrels smooth it out more than anything and you don't realize just how easy it went down until the bottle is empty!

Sent from my iPhone using SIRI

Uhm, yeah. Damn near more bourbon flavor than beer flavor. LOL. One of my favorites.

I'm going to perform an official test this weekend.

Makers Mark

Woodford

To establish a bourbon baseline

KY BBA

and Yuengling for beer taste comparison

And to sweeten the pot, will be durin the UFC PPV.

An old rummer but thought it would fit into a forum about beer pictures. Many of you may remember Schaffers beer? Well, my dad was connected to the beer industry thru Jays Beer Drive Thru for a while and heard that in one photo of the "Beer" it was not Schaffers in the glass. Story goes they needed this photo done ASAP and the photographer didn't get to it till the weekend. Being it was a Sunday and he had no beer at his studio and couldn't buy any because it was Sunday so he pissed in the glass. To the photographers surprise Schaffers loved the photo for having perfect head and color but a trade magazine for the beer industry realized the color in the photo was not what Schaffers looked like. Under pressure from the trade magazine about what beer was really in the glass and why it wasn't Schaffers, the photographer came clean on how he did the photo. It was never reported but news still got out and soon after all the beer distributers were calling it TPB "that pee beer".:rolleyes:

81bb57ae.jpg

Delicious! Although it's $12 a four pack

Not as much as I expected, just a hint of the 'bourbon' flavor, I think the oak barrels smooth it out more than anything and you don't realize just how easy it went down until the bottle is empty

Love that beer, the only problem is that somehow the bourbon flavor gets muted in a bottle as opposed to the draft

Mmm, 9%

ae8269db-d51a-52fc.jpg

Excellent choice, had 1 of those and a 2X IPA last night

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: I like it. Notable amount of banana flavor. This is from England. Per the label, "Ale used to be referred to as "liquid bread", hence the name. Its not supposed to be like our version of banana bread or banana nut bread, just an ale with banana and banana flavoring.

I'd drink it again. In fact, I will.

Got it at Kroger in Middletown.

Now for a Guinness...