Stuck with Ebay bid on Vstrom

NinjaDoc

So me being an ADHD moron I jumped and for fun bid on a Vstrom in Ebay, I know what u guys think :(... But it is sort of fun for me to just look around, read about and some times just to bid on stuff when ur sure ur not gonna end up winning it.

But this time it back fired, i just bid on a bike, it "met the reserve" and now i am the highest bidder :(

dayum... seems like no one else is bidding higher, i have 1 more day to go. Is there any way i can undo it without affecting either groups

Update: I was able to retract the bid as it was only few hours into it, I had earlier wrote to the seller about this and he was okay with me retracting it and eventually he sold it to the next highest bidder

its a 2008 Vstrom 1000 with 3900 miles+ Scorpion exhaust, Power Commander, adjustable Givi windscreen, top box, and crash bars

and i got stuck with 5900$ :cry: anyway to undo it ..

Edited by NinjaDoc

So me being an ADHD moron I jumped and for fun bid on a Vstrom in Ebay, I know what u guys think :(... But it is sort of fun for me to just look around, read about and some times just to bid on stuff when ur sure ur not gonna end up winning it.

But this time it back fired, i just bid on a bike, it "met the reserve" and now i am the highest bidder :(

dayum... seems like no one else is bidding higher, i have 1 more day to go. Is there any way i can undo it without affecting either groups

its a 2008 Vstrom 1000 with 3900 miles+ Scorpion exhaust, Power Commander, adjustable Givi windscreen, top box, and crash bars

and i got stuck with 5900$ :cry: anyway to undo it ..

Yeah go to the bank and get a check.

Don't worry. ebay motors auctions are not binding. If there is no mechanism to retract the bid then contact the seller. Tell him you go another bike instead.

And don't bid on something you don't wanna buy.

Thanks

Yea never again playing around :(

on a side note, isnt 5900 too much for the above said bike? bike lookes like new tho

I hope the other guy is a genuine ID and not some kinda bait ID,

hope things fall through, on top i have to pay tax and shipping, too cold for me to ride it over here. And then i have to store it here till next season. overall lose lose for me.

I requested them if i can back down, if not will go ahead.. dont wanna be "that jerk"

Isn't 5900 too much for the above said bike? bike lookes like new tho

In Sept, I bought an '09 Strom w/10k mi in a private sale from a guy in IN for $5300. Has lots of farkles (Sargeant seat + stock seat, Madstad bracket, SW-Motech bash plate and crash bars, luggage rack, new BS Battlewing rear tire) and reasonably clean. Prolly about average price--not great deal, but OK. Yer prolly a little high, but I have no idea if you are obligated to buy after winning the bid.

On a bright note, the Wee is a wonderful bike! Tons of fun to ride, engine has plenty of juice (altho a little agricultural sounding), prolly hang with many sport bikes in the twisties, and adaptable for either around-town errands or week-long touring trips. Not REALLY an off-road monster because its a heavy l'il beast and has pretty limited ground clearance.

If you do end up with it, just ride the wheels off it. You're gonna love it once you try it!

Edit: Didn't see that it was the 1000 Strom. Prolly right on the money with your bid. Pretty low miles for an '08! You won't likely turn it for a profit if that's what you wanted to do, but as I said, they're great bikes and built like tanks. Ride the wheels off it.

Edited by Bubba
  • Upvote 1

In Sept, I bought an '09 Strom w/10k mi in a private sale from a guy in IN for $5300. Has lots of farkles (Sargeant seat + stock seat, Madstad bracket, SW-Motech bash plate and crash bars, luggage rack, new BS Battlewing rear tire) and reasonably clean. Prolly about average price--not great deal, but OK. Yer prolly a little high, but I have no idea if you are obligated to buy after winning the bid.

On a bright note, the Wee is a wonderful bike! Tons of fun to ride, engine has plenty of juice (altho a little agricultural sounding), prolly hang with many sport bikes in the twisties, and adaptable for either around-town errands or week-long touring trips. Not REALLY an off-road monster because its a heavy l'il beast and has pretty limited ground clearance.

If you do end up with it, just ride the wheels off it. You're gonna love it once you try it!

Edit: Didn't see that it was the 1000 Strom. Prolly right on the money with your bid. Pretty low miles for an '08! You won't likely turn it for a profit if that's what you wanted to do, but as I said, they're great bikes and built like tanks. Ride the wheels off it.

thx for that, feel little better, might have to sell my zx6r which i was getting a feel for and head over heels in love with. :cry:

Edited by NinjaDoc
edited double meaning comment :p

Karma is a bitch
Drinking and bidding can make you pay.:jd::crazy:

karmaaaaaaaaaaaaa

learned a valuable leson like 5 yr old kid, dreaming and bidding never works. Not gonna log into ebay no moooore

Thx jerry for the link, i retracted..hope those guys dont take a big hit from this. Well i opted out within 5hours and hope mr o***e ends up buying it.

i guess reasonable good deal if weather ahead was nice and u have the money.

i was looking into shipping fees and air fare etc already.. and then u post the video...thxxx

Edited by NinjaDoc

karmaaaaaaaaaaaaa

learned a valuable leson like 5 yr old kid, dreaming and bidding never works. Not gonna log into ebay no moooore

Thx jerry for the link, i retracted..hope those guys dont take a big hit from this. Well i opted out within 5hours and hope mr o***e ends up buying it.

i guess reasonable good deal if weather ahead was nice and u have the money.

i was looking into shipping fees and air fare etc already.. and then u post the video...thxxx

Don't worry Doc...they will be okay.Glad I could help.Do this again and I might have to bounce you off of them there spikes on Josh's Bike:eek:.If you get this urge again call me first.LOL

• Upvote 1

I ended up with a macbook by accident that way... I bid $600 intending to drive the price up and accidentally won it :p I went through with it, though, and it's still workin' well to this day, and if I sold it, it'd still fetch me the $600 back likely.

Just withdraw your bid and you'll be OK... someone will snipe it at the last second anyway.