Stuck with Ebay bid on Vstrom

NinjaDoc

For what it's worth, as a buyer, there's not a whole lot a seller can do to you. Can't leave negative feedback for a buyer, the best you can do is file a non-paying bidder report. If they hit the buyer with a non-payment, the seller gets his listing money and final value fee back, and the buyer gets a "non-payment" strike, which you can't see anyways. Basically a waste of everyone's time. EBay is heavily biased for the buyer...

I ended up with a macbook by accident that way... I bid $600 intending to drive the price up and accidentally won it :p I went through with it, though, and it's still workin' well to this day, and if I sold it, it'd still fetch me the $600 back likely.

Just withdraw your bid and you'll be OK... someone will snipe it at the last second anyway.

I don't eBay, so I'm serious .... other than being a troll, why would you drive a price up on something that you have no intention to buy? Doesn't that kind of screw with the market forces that make eBay what it is?

Edited by C-bus

Retracting a bid on the final day used to be a big no no with ebay. I know the rules have changed since I began there over 10 years back, but I have had people retract at the last minute before, and when other bidders were offered to buy if they wanted, everytime, those bidders never even responded, so I had to go through re listing it. Its total bullsh!t for the seller when it happens, but guess its ok based on what I am reading here. I hardly ever deal on ebay any more just because of this type of stuff. Craigslist makes it way too easy.

Dude that was a dick move. End of story. Quite frankly I wish you would have gotten stuck with it and they would have come after you. WTF is all that comes to mind.

I mean it's pretty simple, if you bid and win, you PAY. You don't be a little bitch and retract or cancel a bid. Even if it's an accident, that's just life, and how auctions work.

Till 5900 the reserve is not met that means no sale no matter who bid how many times till then right? I bid 100 dollars up and I meet the reserve and I got stuck, panicked and retract the bid within hours. 6000 was the price they kept minimum, it's not as if I bidded and jacked it up, either ways i know what I did was bad, but not as bad as what some might think.

Yep, I just checked my messages, the seller had responded to my mail earlier saying it was okay and to go ahead and retract the bid :)

All ended well, although it was a good deal, I didn't have the money

What's the old movie line? "Your internets writing checks you're wallet can't cash"? :lol:

Glad you got out of the deal but think that the Strom is a great bike. No crotch rocket, but it'll go where they won't.;)

No offense... but that is a dick thing to do. I hate when people get in on a bid just to drive the price up on people that are genuinely trying to get a good deal on an item. I don't even understand why you would want to do that, I mean if you are curious about a reserve price just email the seller.

• Upvote 1

Yep I know, just curious, like if a seller keeps a reserve he won't be selling it until it meets reserve right? Till then no matter how many times we bid it doesn't jack up the price.. ?

well, if it is bid well below the reserve price then they usually re-list it with a lower reserve.