Off road at night?

buildit

Part of the Headless Hooligan ride was done in total darkness on slimy single track. It was my first time off roading at night. Not sure I'd say I was having fun. Anyone else ever try this?

Not a ton of video but you'll get the idea. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tqQCCxi7cI

We used to do that back in the day in our Jeeps out at Natural Bridge Kentucky.

We did it with no lights, just the light from the moon.

Not sure I'd try that with a motorcycle though.

It was awesome!

Always love your videos!

Thanks. But as I told someone else you didn't have to hear my whining, crying and bitching as I squirmed thru the mud with that 500lb beast falling on me every 30 ft. ;):D Holy caveman, Rob, Kory and some others were simply in second heaven. :eek:

I have done that once, it was way to easy to out ride my stock headlight. I could ride the trail that I rode all day long knowing every little root and rut but when the sun goes down it was a brand new trail as if I had never been on it.

Does anybody use LED lights from an MTB as a helmet light or additional light on the bars? There's a bunch of people around here who put one on the bike and one on the helmet. I got a single one from dealextreme, and was surprised by how much light they put out.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate riding at night, street or trail - limited vision just sucks the life out of riding imo, and it always seems the front of my bike ends up repainted in multi-color pearlescent insect fodder.......no fun for me - THE best headlight available is sunlight :D

I hate riding at night, street or trail - limited vision just sucks the life out of riding imo, and it always seems the front of my bike ends up repainted in multi-color pearlescent insect fodder.......no fun for me - THE best headlight available is sunlight :D

Roads for me aren't such a big issue. I learned my biggest dislike for night activities when I was still into downhill skiing. At night depth perception is lower and so is your ability to judge the depth of ruts and dips in surfaces. But just riding a highway or roads I know at night is no different for me that day riding in most cases.

• 2 weeks later...
I need to teach you how to use the trim function :lol: First 30 seconds rock though. ;)

Yeah, I really didn't expect anyone to watch the whole thing. ;) I usually get board after about 5 min watching videos. ;)