questions for those who have done CCW course

redkow97

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My class was $0. Ohio accepts military training in lieu of a CCW class. But I have seen them anywhere from $50 to $200 depending on what they offer. Some include lunch, weapons and firearms or go above the state mandated class. Most places say you can use any caliber although they prefer larger than .22 since accuracy isn't the greatest at any kind of distance.

what distances are they expecting you to shoot?

wouldn't barrel length have a lot more to do with accuracy than muzzle velocity at such short range?

About 21 feet is the norm although I think some classes will go back more, up to 50 feet. There was a woman at my dad's class, same one a few others on here went to, she had a little .22 revolver the size of my thumb. It was all over the paper. lol. But it's just preference on using a .22.

i realize it's not ideal, but it's what I can afford to practice with, and carry. But yeah, probably looking into 9mm at this point, and hopefully a .22 with the same frame to train with.

Then do it if they allow. If you're going to carry a .22, then you should practice with a .22. Know how it handles and what the capabilities of that particular firearm are. If you want to carry a desert eagle, then take the class with it. :lol:

.22>no gun

I went to a place in cleveland they charged $125 less for more then one person, I went with a small group we paid $110. They allow any double action gun. We shot 100 rounds from 10 ft to 75 ft weak hand, strong hand, single hand with both strong and weak. You had to score at least a 75 to pass the shooting and written parts of the test. If you need to borrow a gun to take you class let me know. I have a 9mm or a 22 auto that you could borrow.