State Dept spends $70,000 on Obama's Books

chevysoldier

Oh and here's a book written by GWB published in 1999, before he was president.

51C4SQCJSEL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

So no, not all their books were post-presidency memoirs. And it's about his political stances.

In this political memoir, the governor of Texas and front-runner for president in the year 2000 tells us who he is and what he stands for. The George W. Bush who leaps off these pages has his father's energy, his mother's tart and honest wit, and his own irreverence and impatience. He has prospered as George and Barbara's boy -- "How can I deny it?" -- but has walked a very fine line between loyalty and independence.

He addresses the questions that may well decide who becomes the next president: crime, education, abortion, tax and tort reform, and the continuing battle "for the soul" of the Republican Party. He is, by no one's definition, a conventional candidate.

Edited by chevysoldier

Ok, so take it up with the state dept. from '00 to '08 why they didn't use Bush's book :dunno:

And I take it by the lack of response that you haven't read Obama's book. Id post what the subject matter is, but im on a cell phone and not a computer.

You brought it up. You said

Maybe the subject matter is relevant to diplomacy

No I didn't read them. That doesn't negate the fact a kids book isn't about diplomacy. Is this where you'd like to bring up they did it for the kids? Because your whole argument has been "for diplomatic purposes"

I have no idea why the state department didn't buy his books, didn't know that mattered as to why the state department did buy Obama's.

It mattered enough for you to start a thread trolling it... no?

I didn't. I started a thread as to why the state department bought Obama's books. I didn't start a thread as to why the state department didn't buy Bush or Clinton's books.

I have no idea why the state department didn't buy his(Bush's) books, didn't know that mattered as to why the state department did buy Obama's.

I'm still curious as to your defense to buying the kids book.