Starting Monday I will start

Carwhore

Sign up for a colonoscopy and you will get good n clean! Best diet approach is to drink a lot of water and eat 5 or 6 small meals a day and stay away from processed shit! Went from 220 to 180 in about 12 months

Starting Saturday I am juicing for 30 days. I did this previously for about a week then switched to a low carb diet and lost 80lbs. I've gained about 10lbs back in the last year. I'm 30 away from my ultimate goal so I will be doing this for 30 days or until my goal is reached.

doing something similar, but using 60% fruits - 40% veg. tastes much better and doing in 2 weeks on/ 1 week off schedule. changed my diet also. energy level is 100% better, thinking is much clearer, just feel overall good. lost 35 lbs. and ain't parked on the shitter like everyone thinks. you basically purge your system of all the additives you get from most of the crap you enjoy eating. the older you get, the more your body changes (not for the good) I should know, I'm almost farting dust...

Just finished off 3 sliders and a plate of fries. Eating on the road sucks. At least last night I opted for the healthier grilled chicken salad.

And my gf made one of these juice things you all are talking of. She put kale in it along with fruits and veggies. I tried some and it was just....disgusting. I thought I was gonna throw up.

I haven't read through the whole thread but have read the day logs. Have you gotten a chance to use a quality blender?

My girlfriend just got a Vitamix 5200 and I have been eating, well drinking plenty of fruits and veggies a day. 1 apple, 1 orange, 1 banana, 1 handful of strawberries, 1 handful of spinach, 1 handful of cale (sp?) and 8 oz of water. It tastes mostly like banana and it makes about 44oz of drink that's easy to get down in 5 minutes and tastes great.

The cores and seeds all get blended and broken up so you don't lose any vitamins and nutrients. You actually get more from an apple by blending it. I'd look into blenders and do some research and compare it to juicing after you're done with this as both have their pros and cons.

I have used an Omega Juicer before and the juice that comes out of it is great. It does take a lot of fruits and veggies to make a full glass and you lose a lot of fiber from what's left over.

Interesting. I would have never thought about sweet potatoes. This morning I just threw a bunch of random stuff together and its pretty good:

-1 long carrot

-1 apple

-1 orange

-3 spinach leaves

-6 strawberries

I had a garden last year in the yard that I bought nutrient rich soil to add to it so the plants would grow. This year, I'm just going to add all the pulp from the juicer and mix into the soil! Hope it works :)

• 2 years later...

I've started a 60 day juice fast.  I'm on day 11.  Things are going well.  Down 11 lbs from 230 starting weight.  I do mostly vegetables, with a serving of fruit or so.  Approximately 24 oz @ 3 times a day.  Probably 80 oz of water a day.  I am also doing cardio for an hour a day, 6 days a week.  No bathroom issues to speak of.  Unlike the hype of the documentaries, I don't have a  huge surge in energy.  They are probably using tons of fruit.  I am a little more tired than usual, but mostly from the exercise.  I am struggling with recipes.  It is hard to get the quantities I need without adding lots of fruit. 

So far Cucumbers, zucchini, with an apple are great.  Same with Bell peppers.

Juice fast or juice cleanse? Be careful. I tried it lost 20 lbs and gained 30 lbs back in less than a month eating minimal calories? Only thing that has worked is high fat low carb. I lost 70lbs and have managed to only gain 5lbs back and have stayed at a consistent 180-185 for 2 months.

Juice fast or juice cleanse? Be careful. I tried it lost 20 lbs and gained 30 lbs back in less than a month eating minimal calories? Only thing that has worked is high fat low carb. I lost 70lbs and have managed to only gain 5lbs back and have stayed at a consistent 180-185 for 2 months.

Fast.  I appreciate the heads up.  I know everyone uses the excuse, but this really is a kickstart for me.  I will finish and then be in the desert for a year.  It's always easy to maintain a healthy lifestyle over there.

Good job on the 70 lbs.

Down 22 lbs to 208. Run time is going down, shooting for 8 min miles. Need to brush up on push ups, sit-ups(but that is easy for me).

Lots of cravings lately. I've added a b12 vitamin for peace of mind. Energy level is coming back even with the workouts.

I tried racquet ball once, definitely not my thing, but a great workout nonetheless.