Tactical Shotgun Course

8mmDale

One of my customers is starting to teach a home defense / tactical shotgun course. I took it this passed Friday and I felt (from a beginners standpoint) that it was excellent. Some hardcore mil guys might find it too basic, but for someone like myself with little shotgun experience it was great.

Class room discussion covers things like laws for self defense, whats going to happen if you shoot someone, and other important (and serious) topics.

No Fire Drills part of the class goes over things like getting out of bed and finding and loading your gun in the dark (we really did that!), loading techniques, and even room clearing/search techniques (in a situation that staying put and calling the police is not an option).

Saturday morning was same exercises covered in the drills, with live fire on a range. They actually bring a cot and blankets for you to start some drills in!

This was one of the first times teaching it and they did a great job. It gave me alot more appreciation for my shotgun!

If anyone is interested, I will pass along the info for when the next event is coming. I Was told the next one will be a defensive pistol class.

Midge Todds KSG will show right after someone gets a video of a real life leprechaun shitting rainbow sherbet!

Man now I want some Sherbert!!!

Edited by jagr

You transfering one, or looking to buy a new one?

I'm looking at new. 20in, ext mag tube, aluminum 6pos m4 stock. All parkerized.

Will add ghost rings and a heat shield as I don't think it comes with. Buds has a few examples. I just need to pick one.

I can get that gun for the same price (after transfer fee anyways) if you want me to just get one. I can't get as close because I have to cut margin out to make up for sales tax.

MACK: This class is _NOT_ a CCW class, it is for personal knowledge and training purposes only. There isn't any kind of reward for finishing other than getting alot better with a shotgun!

I just talked to the instructor of the class and the price is $150 per person, and includes training materials. I believe they are going to be selling the ammo for the class at a discounted rate, I am not positive if you can bring your own ammo or not. It also includes the book with all of the information in it. Its a 2 day class, with desk/book time, non firing drills and live fire drills the next day. Takes place in Hilliard, which is on the West side of Columbus. He is planning the next class on a Friday night / Saturday morning for the beginning of December. His partner who taught the last class is a Police officer with a local department.

Edited by 8mmDale

According to Woodbury and Keltecs website orders should be filled by Xmas now that they are catching up on the PMR30's "I'm on the list for that one too"

A much better buy than a FiveseveN. Similar ballistics in a less expensive package, shooting cheap, available ammo.

I can get that gun for the same price (after transfer fee anyways) if you want me to just get one. I can't get as close because I have to cut margin out to make up for sales tax.

Give me a total please. Also make sure it comes as in in pic including ghost sights. Thanks Dale.

Can your buddy give us a better price on the class?

:wtf: why?
Because it is concealable, accurate, inexpensive, holds 31rnds and there are some nasty rounds available for it that are also inexpensive. As Cbus said its ballistics are very close to the 5.7 that we all know is deadly. 31 rounds is room clearing at its finest.
Is this considered a CCW class??
NO

Give me a total please. Also make sure it comes as in in pic including ghost sights. Thanks Dale.

Can your buddy give us a better price on the class?

Ill ask him if he could do a group rate if he gets a commit from 1 group. It might not be possible because hes gotta pay his partner, a couple of helpers and rent the range for the afternoon for the live fire. Ill ask tho, worst he can say is no!