Joe's Cycle or Vista Kawasaki?

RSparky

I've heard good things about them both. Joe's quoted a little cheaper for the labor that I'm wanting. Which is, a valve check, and a clutch look over/adjust. It's time for valves, and the clutch has always been adjusted at the max of its adjustment since I bought it this spring. And when I'm holding it in, in first, if I rev it up, it pulls forward. Maybe just needs adjusted at the lower end of the cable, or the plates/springs or something that I'm not too familiar with is wearing out. Anywho, who is gonna bullshit me less, not try to add on other services, and do it right?

Never heard of Joes. Where is it?

Been to Vista a few times. Though they did tell me I needed a lower end rebuild on my yz250 for a no start, that proved to be false

Why not make the treck a little south and take it to the Junkies shop in Cincy? They've got my Zx-10 now since I wrecked it.

NoBama 2012

We had a really bad experianced with joes. Took the bike in and over 1000. Cash. Took them a week to even order the parts over a month to get them and after 3 months they still hadn't touched the bike! In the mist of all this we dropped of another grand for labor. We needed some gaskets replaced in the engine as well as the trans. Bike was a 97 yzf1000r. We ended up picking up the bike and taking it else where. When we called they were slow it was mid feb. We never got to ride that season. We did contact bbb.

well, i've asked around, and heard from the people that joe's is pretty preferential toward triumph owners.. heard a ton of good stuff about vista though. that or of course comp acc, which i completely left out of my call list today... woops.

i'd take a day to do it myself, but i just don't have the time.

Up to you on Joe's or Vista -- my last bike ( like Snot said above ) was taken to Joe's for trans work ( bent shift fork, kept jumping out of gear or binding between 1st/2nd ) and it's just something I wasn't even going to consider doing myself at home and rather had some warranty with all the labor and parts that were going into the job anyway. For just valvetrain work, they may be a good source as they're a Yamaha dealer but for big jobs where the engine's coming out and getting split open - they pretty much suck in my honest opinion.......they had my bike for months and couldn't get a straight answer until I went down there and physically stood in front the faggot that lied to me several times - he was very apologetic ( of course ) and said they were "planning" on starting the work soon but being such a big job they wanted to make sure the tech doing the work could stay on it until it was done, which I understand.......but all in all, pisspoor planning on their part especially when I was originally told that the job would take a few weeks once all the parts were in -- Well, the parts had been in for a couple months so yet another lie.......I work for a dealership and understand things can get busy and out of their control occasionally, but ultimately; the key to good business is staying in contact with the customer and keep them informed on the progress, or lack thereof - but to have a bike sit with a dusty box of parts on it for months and no attempt to contact me about anything is absolutely ridiculous -- I yanked the bike out of there, but did commit to buying the parts and had another shop do the work.

I bought my ZX14 from a guy who ordered it through Vista Kaw and he said they do good work there as well as fair pricing, so might be worth a look?? My opinion of Joe's is kind of biased against them simply because of the way I was treated, and the way they did business with me........but mine was a completely different scenario, so they may actually be a good place to deal with for most anyone else. Good luck man!

Comp Acc prices gouges like a mofo.

Ive heard a bad review from a Joe customer just recently. Granted it was only case.

Vista can get pricey but it's bc theyre a dealership. But I havent heard bad things about their service...yet.

Have you thought about taking it down to Brandon at AFJ Race Shop?

when i bought the bike, the clutch lever bushing was missing. i bought a plastic bushing from lowes roughly the same outer diameter and had to drill the inner diameter out some. it ended up lopsided, but it beat nothing.

i recently remembered this little tid bit. ordered a new bushing from vista today. it'll take a week, and cost me $10 for a $.60 piece of plastic, but i expect no less. i won't hold my breath on that resolving the clutch issue though. the previous owner beat the crap out of it.