Ever had a stand break?

Josh1234

I have as well. I bumped the bike while I bent over to pick up a tool and the rear stand (it was only on the rear at that point) bent and dumped the bike. I grabbed it on the way down so it hit softly, so there wasn't anything but a small scratch on the fairing. I bent the stand back and have used it for like 2 years since then with no problem. If you are going to buy cheap, then be careful because you get what you pay for.

I have had good luck with cheapish stands. Pit-bull's are by far the best if you are going to be racing twice a month, but for occasional garage use, they're overkill.

I have a $49 BVP(?) stand from Iron Pony. Lock-tite or safety wire the spool pins, and it's completely adequate.

I also have a $80 or $90 T-Rex front stand that came with attachments to lift by the steering head, or by the bottom of the forks. The only thing that has ever gone "wrong" with it is me being an idiot and letting one of the pins vibrate out while it was on my trailer. they're held in by cotter pins, and I didn't safety wire them. my fault. Not a failure by the stand.

I have sat on the bike on both stands, and never had any problems over the last 2 or 3 years.

If you can afford the pit-bulls, they can't be beat. If you can't, T-rex is decent quality for the money.