good how-to for sighting in a scope?

redkow97

Set the rifle on a rest or a rear bag and front bag/bipod so that the rifle is sturdy enough to support itself.

Look down the side or top of the barrel and try and adjust the reticle as close to where your seeing by looking down the barrel.

You shouldn't have any problems getting on paper at 25yards.

Other than that you can go and buy a laser bore sighter for $30 or so.

If the iron sights are accurate and you can still use them through the scope mount, bag the rifle on a rest, put the iron sights on the bull and then adjust the scope until the hairs are close. After that just walk your shots in until you're satisfied

Like said before, it can be bore sighted. You just need one that mounts in the exit end of the barrel. If you are in a hurry to do it, go to walmart and get the laser bore sight that they sell. Put the laser into the end of the gun, twist it until it is a snug fit, and adjust the scope until you are in line.

I think laser bore sighting is better if you have the range to sight it at the distance you want. If not, look into one like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BSA-BORESIGHTER-KIT-OPTICS-BS30-W-STUDS-CASE-BS-30-/280773602872?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415f692e38

I use it on my rifles, and have never had a problem. Look through the scope, and adjust it to the setup you want in the device. Says "with in 4 inches" at 100yrd, but I have never been that far out. Have had to fine tune the scope when I take it shooting, but other than that, it is great.

I use a laser bore sight. Comes in a kit and covers everything from like .22 to .50. Then take it to the range and fire groupings until you get it right.

Used it on Max Power's 10/22 and his was dead on.

I didn't know (forgot?) you have that. I'm going to need to borrow it sometime,

My technique...

I have a rifle rest that I can use to lock the rifle in place.

1: Get a Big target with an X in the center

2: Aim for X using rifle rest then shoot 3 rounds.

3: If the bullets misses the target then bring the target in to half the distance and go back to step 2

4: Once you get a bullet hole on the target while aiming for the X, you can adjust the scope: (Aim for X again, hold the rifle dead still and adjust the sight until the crosshairs line up with the center of the 3 bullet holes (should just be one ragged hole if you're holding the rifle steady and you're not trying to sight a .22LR to 200 yds))

5: If you want, move the target out and then go back to step 2. If your target is already at the correct range then you're done.