sub compact single stack 9mm.

speedytriple

So I took a trip to fin feather fur today to see what compact 9mm single stacks they had. Looked at the sig p290, the kahr cw9, the ruger lc9, the taurus 709 slim, and a 1911 in 9mm. The 1911 was out of my price range, and super heavy. The p 290 was also pricey at $600 and the trigger SUCKS! No thanks. The kahr, the ruger, and the 709 were left. Didn't like the 709 triger to much, also the grip didn't feel to good in my hand. Liked the kahr but liked the ruger better. Ended up putting one on lay away $339.

Crossbreed, Kholster, Comptac, Raven.

I have one Crossbreed, two Kholsters. Basically the same, but the K's leather is just a hair thicker.

The K is also $20 less than the CB.

8mm Dale has an LC9 with a CB in his shop - if you happen to come down here I'd imagine he'd let you have a look-see.

I just got a used one. That's a good price.

I pocket carry it, without any problems, though with the grip extension, it prints some.

It wouldn't work well in tight jeans.

I still carry the .38 mostly until I get some more practice time in. Gonna take a while to get used to that extremely long trigger pull. Nice gun, but shot it side by side with a PF-9 and like its trigger a little better. More predictable.

I looked at the LC9 at Fin' date=' in Ashland. I thought it was rather large for a single-stack 9mm. My double-stack KelTec 9mm was smaller, if I recall. I could be misremembering, though.[/quote']

The double stack is a bit longer, same height, and slightly thinner. It's thinner than their own single stack, at least according to the website. Doesn't make sense.

That kimber solo intrigues me.

Me too, but the price doesn't. Thing's as thick as my LCR .357 revolver.

The guy at fin said the solo is getting bad reviews. Said he's been hearing issues with feeding and jamming up? Looked at a single stack keltec about the same size as the lc9. Its a hair smaller then the kahr cw9. And thinner then the p290. They don't have the berreta nano in yet but it is priced $100+ over the ruger

• Upvote 1