Mmmm. Breckenridge Ales Vanilla Porter

YSR_Racer_99

Saw this in Caspers "I drink too much. So much that I take photos of the beers" thread, and have been keeping my eyes open for it. Found some today at Springboro Wine, so got it. Good stuff. Just a hint of the vanilla right at the beginning. Best of all, my wife doesn't like porters and the like, so she'll leave it alone.

Thanks Ben.

Saw this in Caspers "I drink too much. So much that I take photos of the beers" thread, and have been keeping my eyes open for it. Found some today at Springboro Wine, so got it. Good stuff. Just a hint of the vanilla right at the beginning. Best of all, my wife doesn't like porters and the like, so she'll leave it alone.

Thanks Ben.

One of my favorites. :D

And I don't drink that much...

It's good stuff. Get a good kick of vanilla at first, then it tapers off to just tasting like good porter towards the end of the bottle. Sounds crazy to mix in a milk shake, but I'll haveto try it.. Now that I think of it I've heard of doing something like that with guinness.

Try sam adams cherry wheat and have some fresh cherries with it.. That's a desert also.

Edited by DrewsBrews

I'm thinking that I didn't like this one. I picked up a single from Meijer on Maxtown Rd (Polaris Pkwy) last year, and didn't feel the need to get any more of it later. Maybe I'll try it again. Maybe I just don't like Porter's? (Oh the Irony! :lol:)

I picked up the Sam Adams holiday sampler pack tonight.

I'm thinking that I didn't like this one. I picked up a single from Meijer on Maxtown Rd (Polaris Pkwy) last year, and didn't feel the need to get any more of it later. Maybe I'll try it again. Maybe I just don't like Porter's? (Oh the Irony! :lol:)

I picked up the Sam Adams holiday sampler pack tonight.

Indeed. Ironic indeed.

Picked up another six of it today, and asked my wife to bring home some ice cream.