oh johnny...

John

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2011/11/john_kasich_says_he_doesnt_ohi.html

Ohio Governor John Kasich stated in a speech on Monday that he rarely reads Ohio's newspapers. During the speech given at the Columbus College of Art and design, Kasich said, “Reading newspapers does not give you an uplifting experience ...." Kasich went on to share that he occaisionally reads clips of articles that others bring to his to attention.

The fact that Kasich doesn’t read about state or local news certainly does explain a lot about his policies and his general lack of interest and concern for what Ohioans want, need and expect from his administration.

The fact that Kasich doesn’t read about state or local news certainly does explain a lot about his policies and his general lack of interest and concern for what Ohioans want, need and expect from his administration.

so you're saying the ONLY way he can find out what the people of Ohio want is through the liberal ramblings of a pretty much dying genre of publication?

Gimme a break :rolleyes:

You know who reads newspapers? People without electricity, people without computers, people who can't use either.

ok, if you read the it online, you still reading the newspaper. the news is the same news. the content is the same... medium is not really the point.

so you're saying the ONLY way he can find out what the people of Ohio want is through the liberal ramblings of a pretty much dying genre of publication?

Gimme a break :rolleyes:

i never said ONLY. not sure where you got that from? how else do you stay current and know whats going on?

regarding "liberal ramblings"... im not sure where you got that from either. do you think the dispatch is a liberal paper? if the papers are so "liberal" how come the three largest papers in ohio endorsed kasich?

Edited by John
formatting

i never said ONLY. not sure where you got that from? how else do you stay current and know whats going on?

regarding "liberal ramblings"... im not sure where you got that from either. do you think the dispatch is a liberal paper? if the papers are so "liberal" how come the three largest papers in ohio endorsed kasich?

it was inferred when you used that particular quote from the article that he knows nothing about what the people of Ohio want because he doesn't read newspapers. I stay current with the internet. He stays current with a massive staff of people

I've never read the Dispatch so I can't comment on that however I have read the Plain Dealer and Cincinnati Enquirer regularly in the past and thats where I draw my opinion from

Listen, I'm not saying he's the greatest Governor ever however this is about the dumbest thing to criticize and it seems like people are just reaching anymore to try and make a headline. If they could concentrate on things that matter far more than this it would be a lot more constructive but all everyone wants to do is be destructive

Edited by Bad324

Or, or, maybe.... Maybe he, like most, realize the news here sucks? I dunno, just a theory. And remember, the newspapers all across Ohio had his back on Issue 2...

• 2 weeks later...
Kasich has to cover his ass. He's walking a fine line... if he appears too intellectual, or even intellectually curious, he'll lose his Republican base and be called a liberal elite.

When in reality he's a fuck you got mine conservative elite.

Kasich has to cover his ass. He's walking a fine line... if he appears too intellectual, or even intellectually curious, he'll lose his Republican base and be called a liberal elite.

So the Republican base is a bunch of uneducated hillbillies?