The Hidden Face of Food *DISTURBING*

ama146

I work with a farmer that has cows and pigs slaughtered. Not on a large scale. A few people at work will go in on a cow have it processed and split the beef. Super cheap that way if you have the freezer space. But anyway about a year ago i got his opinion on some of this. He would agree that some of the practices of some of the people isnt right. But at the same time if you have a vet come out to "humanely" put down, look at, check up every animal all the time next thing you know people willl be crying because there bacon at Kroger is $12 a pound.

And no i didnt watch the whole vid. Made it about as far as you.

Watched the whole thing. Its a vegan commercial and shows the worst parts of butchering from a select bunch of places. Obviously, some of the videos shown were selected to depict the worst possible outcomes. Several of the video clips were on the news a while back with criminal charges having been filed. Yes, the acts of the people involved were deplorable and they deseve the worst things in return. But I won't blacklist the whole butchering committee for it.

Where are all the "Plant's Rights" people protesting the vegans?

Some people'd have you believe that a plant feels pain when it's picked, cooked, etc...

Edited by jblosser
grammar

What people fail to comprehend while watching this is...it's FOOD!

They are raised for FOOD!

They are not pets.

I mean, hell...if you're going to fret over a cow getting it's throat cut so it bleeds to death, or a chicken dunked in boiling water while it's still alive, then I'm going to cry when you pull a carrot out of the ground, or run over corn with those big green tractors. Vegetables are alive too!! Don't kill my vegetables that way...boohoo...

Jesus fuck.

• Upvote 1

They are not pets.

I mean, hell...if you're going to fret over a cow getting it's throat cut so it bleeds to death, or a chicken dunked in boiling water while it's still alive, then I'm going to cry when you pull a carrot out of the ground, or run over corn with those big green tractors. Vegetables are alive too!! Don't kill my vegetables that way...boohoo...

Jesus fuck.

And I bet you're one of those people that think you humans are better than everything else and therefore have the right to do whatever the fuck we want. If you think the way they are killing and torturing those animals is ok, then you are no better than those that do it.

Pets or not, they are living creatures and no living creature deserves to be tortured like that. This is one thing that I don't joke around with.

I really don't understand how someone can think that this is ok...

Edit: the vegetable comment is the stupidest thing I ever heard. You don't see a difference in a plant and an animal...? People like you make me lose faith in mankind

Edited by ama146

Videos like that are why the govt keeps making it more and more difficult to have a farm. It's a a hate video made by PETA. It's not the norm for slaughter houses. That being said, it's easy to see that the video by people who are absolutely clueless. Some parts(very few) of the video isn't cruel. Most of it is tho and the people doing it will have a great time burning in hell.

I am one of those people that think humans are better than everything else. Animals are on earth to feed us.

Watch animal planet or nat geo.. when a tiger takes down its prey or a shark goes in for the kill it's not "humane".. yet these r acts of nature that people are perfectly acceptable with... and ill agree these photos and videos are a small percentage of what actually happens, these protest groups want to show you the worst of the worst

They are not pets.

Jesus fuck.

Actually some religions require the animal be hung up and it's throat be cut so it bleeds out.

If they posted a video of the worst abuses of the medical industry, would that justify banning doctors? (There's video out there of a dentist fondling an anesthetized patient)

And there's TONS of video of auto mechanics ripping off customers. Does that justify banning mechanics?

If God didn't want us to eat pigs, then why did he make them out of bacon?

I don't believe in god, and I sure as hell don't think he put animals on earth to feed us lol

so if all animals are equal to humans and NOT a food source, shouldnt you be protesting in zanesville somewhere for them shooting those tigers instead of letting them run rampant around the town since they are our equals?

saying other animals are our equal is like saying a rabbit is a coyotes equal...it isnt.

humans are on top of the food chain - no animal is our equal, thats just how it goes.

even if you put any religious aspects aside, in nature the more dominant animal is on top...thats why lions kill gazelles, and sharks eat fish...its just how it is

every animal has a purpose - spiders are around to keep insect populations down, birds keep spider populations in check, foxes keep bird populations down, humans keep fox populations down, and Darwin keeps human populations in check (seriously though - the human population is a good example of what happens when something has no natural predator....we are overgrowing)

Edited by Steve Butters

They are not pets.

Jesus fuck.

Not even close to the same thing.. Carrots and corn and veggies being inanimate things are not even in the same category of animals. Not cool dude.. I'm seriously speechless right now. And that's saying a lot coming from me. You need to google a guy named Gary Yourofsky. He is an activist and a motivational speaker who I got the pleasure of hearing in class a month ago or so. He forever changed my mind about how I eat and I'm sure he can change yours also.

Edited by hollywood3586

Compared to how animals are slaughtered for food by other animals, I think we're extremely nice about it.

There are exceptions, but those are illegal and people are typically brought to justice for it.

You wanna live on carrots, fine. Your call. For me, though, PETA just means People Eating Tasty Animals.