garage/mancave: progress update

Hoblick

detached 22x20.. its about 100 feet from the house or so.

heating isnt to bad since its completely insulated.

installed a ventless wall mount heater today.. 30k BTU with blower. A 100lb tank sits outside the garage.

first time installing one of these. wasnt to bad drilling through the wall was quick work with a Hilti and a 36" bit

installed a shut off valve right below the heater.

fired it up and it works great!. puts out tons of heat. heated the garage to 70 degrees in no time

215271ad.jpg

Where did you pick that up at?

Looking great. And takes time.

My garage is only 20 x 20. Each side has a roll up garage door.

When I first moved in, there was the old school "flip out and push back single piece" door.

I installed 2 used wooden roll up doors from the classified section ( pre-Craigslist days).

Now that I added siding, I also installed 2 aluminum roll up doors.

I currently use the one side for the wife's car and the other side has my bike, snow thrower and lawn equipment. I plan to add cabinets instead of the cheezy wood shelves I built when we first moved in.

Edited by scottb

got some more done tonight

diamond plate kick panels around the work bench and bar

52dd7535.jpg

64400c1a.jpg

also got the front of my bar done.. i had this design in mind for it, so i went to making it. 3" orange stripes, and the HD bar and shield made out of diamond plate with a wood backer painted black. i drew up the logo free hand (came out pretty decent for free hand) and cut with a jigsaw

54bbd78e.jpg

still have to wrap the stripes around the side yet, but it was getting late so i called it a night

some after clean up pics

eb3c6c84.jpg

1111933f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
How pricey is the flooring? I was planning on epoxy coating my garage floor next summer but the flooring would last longer.

i thought about the epoxy as well but ive heard a lot of negative feedback aout it, doesnt last too long, chips, peels etc.

How pricey is the flooring? I was planning on epoxy coating my garage floor next summer but the flooring would last longer.

RaceDeck Flooring is $3.89 sqft + shipping

if your a GarageJournal.com member you can get it for $2.69 sqft and free shipping

i opted for the GarageDeck, which is basically the same exact thing as racedeck, made by the same company (SnapLock Industries)

i called snap lock and asked them the difference between the 2

RD 15 yr warranty GD 12 yr warranty

RD 1/2" thick GD 1/2" thick

RD 55000 rolling lbs of weight GD 44000 rolling lbs of weight

RD diamond tread/coin/smooth/ patterns GD coin pattern only

RD 10 color choices GD 8 color choices

RD $3.69 sqft ($2.69 with discount) GD $1.99 sqft

i was not concerned about weight, because i dont own anything that will even come close to the 44000lbs of weight.

you can even use the RD with the GD (because its the same product, just labeled different)

the composition (materials used) are the same in both

so it was a no brainer for me to go with garagedeck and save $.70 a sqft

would rather of had the diamond plate tread, but for the savings..

RD for my 20x22 was almost $1300 shipped (thats with 18' of front edging by the garage door)

GD was $930 shipped, with 22 extra tiles (measured the garage and it was about 4" wider than i though so i need those extra tiles ) and the front edging

i saved probably more than $400 (i didnt include the 22 extra tiles i needed in the RD qoute)

if you do order just call them up and mention your a Garagejournal.com member and you get free shipping on the garagedeck product. lower price and free shipping on the race deck.

the reason i wanted this flooring, is because my floor is pitted, cracked, and just bad shape. it would cost more to fix and then do an epoxy, and then will it hold up for 12yrs? and if i move i can pick the floor up and take it with me.

anyone who wants to come check it out after i get it all down is more than welcome.

also if you call snaplock industires they will send you a sample of whatever you are interested in.

i didnt know that before hand or would have.

but from all the postive reviews on both racedeck and garagedeck, my mind was pretty much made up.

if you havent checked out garagejournal.com, its a forum well worth browsing around.