out of gas

Saacattack

Happened to me for the first time last summer. I figured I pushed it about a Mile before someone stopped and brought me to a gas station and back to the bike with a gas can. Trying not to be late for work and then look what happens.

I ran out of gas when a fuel gauge went crazy and said I still had 1/4 tank left. After about half a mile I was taking a break and someone stopped by and gave me like 1/4 gallon of 2-stroke mix he had for his chainsaw. Worked perfectly and got some real gas without having to push it up an inclined exit ramp :D. Happened another time in my car, just locked it up and walked a mile and came back, no biggie there.

I had this happen on my katana luckily I was in town heading to the gas station. Bike stops like three to fours blocks away and I started up but died ended up pushing it for a block and a half. Short distance I now but still sucks guy said to that has to suck. So now I just keep a 1/4 min in the cbr as much as possible but when my last fuel bar starts to flash I've got a few miles left before I'm pushing it hopefully it never comes to that.

My Nighthawk ran out of gas on Livingston avenue. Fortunately, I ran out about 30 feet from a gas station and was able to coast in without missing a beat. That wont happen twice.

this happened to me in my truck the other day :lol: i forgot my wallet at home when i left for work, so i had to make my gas last to work, home, and then right to the gas station to put gas in...it died as i was pulling in and coasted to the pump

if you think a diesel sounds bad when its running good, wait until you hear one puttering out of gas :lol:

I didn't run out but I was 2/3 of the distance to work this time last year & couldn't find/feel the petcock on my new bike to switch to reserve. Cold as FUCK & had to pull over far right from the hammer lane just to look down & switch over with my double gloved, mummified hand. I think I parked it for the season after that. :nono:

this happened to me in my truck the other day :lol: i forgot my wallet at home when i left for work, so i had to make my gas last to work, home, and then right to the gas station to put gas in...it died as i was pulling in and coasted to the pump

if you think a diesel sounds bad when its running good, wait until you hear one puttering out of gas :lol:

:wtf: you put gas in a diesel truck???:confused:

damn. I am a man of little patience and something like that would piss me off so bad it would not end well. The closest I've ever gotten to running out of gas on a motorcycle or in a car was in college and in my grand am. My gas light went on about 5 miles from the next exit with gas in stop and go traffic. I ended up still having half a gallon left but I'm paranoid as it is so usually I err on the side of caution and fill up way more than I have to.

Hell, I should get 200 miles out of a tank on the VFR and if we stop for gas after 100 miles I'll still top off just so I dont piss myself off or inconvenience the others I'm riding with

Riding through upstate new york one time... My GPS was set to skip toll roads so it sent me on about 100 miles of hocking hills-type roads. Which is all well and good, except the bike I had at the time had a fuel range of 125 miles. I tanked up just before the crazy roads so I made it out the other side, but ONLY JUST. Tank capacity of 4.8 gallons and I swear I put 4.7 in there when I got to the next gas station.

Fun roads to ride but was nervous because I had no desire to be stranded in the middle of nowhere with no gas, shelter, camping supplies... or cellphone reception.