Bell Vs. Scorpion

DreamNofR1

Are you saying the helmet moves around on your head or your head moves from the turbulence?

If any wind gets underneath my Shoei, it bounces around like crazy. The small felt way too tight and the medium was snug, but slightly loose. I should have gotten the small in the first place but Iron Pony is SWEET and wouldn't let me exchange since the helmet was worn once and considered a "special order." Which, is a whole other tangent I could go off on since they were just currently out of stock in my size so they had to order one for me but whatever. That was several years ago so it's null and void. But, I felt like the Scorpion fit my head better so I just didn't think I'd have that bounce issue. Hmmm...

go buy a Shark helmet and tell me how you like it lol...i might look at those when i pick up a new bike (graduating in 2012 finally)

the s900 looks nice

Amazon.com: Shark S900 ELIPSE BLK_SIL XS MOTORCYCLE HELMETS: Automotive

but i dont like that graphic - i would try to find one of these

http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/images/products/helmets/011_Shark/Shark-S900-Inmate-Motorcycle-Helmet-White.jpg

http://www.garlandsmotorcycles.com/ekmps/shops/garlands/images/shark-s900-antix-2651-p.jpg

Heavily considering a Shark actually. I wish I wouldve bought the one that was on sale last winter so holding out for some deals hopefully.

If any wind gets underneath my Shoei, it bounces around like crazy. The small felt way too tight and the medium was snug, but slightly loose. I should have gotten the small in the first place but Iron Pony is SWEET and wouldn't let me exchange since the helmet was worn once and considered a "special order." Which, is a whole other tangent I could go off on since they were just currently out of stock in my size so they had to order one for me but whatever. That was several years ago so it's null and void. But, I felt like the Scorpion fit my head better so I just didn't think I'd have that bounce issue. Hmmm...

its 2 different bounce issues being talked about

a helmet thats too big will bounce around from being too loose - a non-aerodynamic helmet even if snug will bounce around for catching turbulence...like sticking your hand out the window of a car and turning it palms facing forward, you get that wind resistance....cheap helmets are like driving a dump truck down the freeway, nice helmets are like a corvette....just a basic example

if the shoei fit you properly, you probably wouldnt have the bounce

also - special order or not, if you wore the helmet it cant be returned...thats like buying a video game and playing it and trying to return it...theres some things you just cant return

special order policy is also posted above their registers (or it used to be at least) - no return means no return lol

It sounds like the helmet did not fit you correctly from the start

Right, which, it didn't. And trying to exchange it at Iron Pony wasn't happening. I didn't try to return it...I tried exchanging it for the small but they considered it a special order and wouldn't do it for me. So, I was stuck. Lesson learned I guess.

Right, which, it didn't. And trying to exchange it at Iron Pony wasn't happening. I didn't try to return it...I tried exchanging it for the small but they considered it a special order and wouldn't do it for me. So, I was stuck. Lesson learned I guess.

shoei's fit is deceiving! they break in a lot when you wear them...mine fit great in the store and once i got it home i too realized it was a hair big

I was always told the a new helmet should be tight to the point that when you open and close your mouth you are biting your cheeks and then when it breaks in it will fit properly and I've had good luck so far going by that method.

me too - i have never had a problem with a helmet fitting too big besides my shoei...it just seemed to break in much more than the others i have had

Yeah, I looked at some of those videos and read through their reviews as well. Kinda spent a couple hours doing that last night, lol. The review of the Scorpion turned out pretty well. Their only gripe about that helmet is the shield can lift up if not locked in place (a little difficult to toggle the lock with gloves on). Other than that, they gave that helmet a great review.

i never had water get in my shoei - through the shield or through the vents (im sure it got in the vents, but it never made it to my head/face)

Same experience with mine. I got caught in 2 heavy downpours at freeway speeds and no leaking for me thankfuly

I have never had water get in mime or have the visor flip up on the scorpion or bell. This is with doing 140+ mph. Hell I have even looked over my shoulder at 100+ with nothing flipping up.

On your Scorpion, is that with the shield lock in place? I really don't want to have to constantly lock and unlock that stupid thing - I like to raise and lower the shield when sitting in traffic or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wearing a icon mainframe for the last two years and decided it was time for a new lid..tried on everything I could find and decided on a bellstar carbon..haven't had the funds to buy it yet but I recomend calling mike at ridersdiscount before you buy from anywhere...they allways seem to beat everyones pricing..at least as far as what I've got from them