RC51 Streetfighter Project

cOoTeR

Well I just purchased an 01 RC51 for $900. Its pretty BTS so I'm going to get it running and turn it into a streetfighter. Does anyone know where I can buy one of those slim batteries? I cant remember what there name is but they are pretty sweet I believe they are red. I know ridersdiscount sells them but I'm border line tarded when it comes to the interwebz and all I can find on their site is clothing. Do you know what the cost runs on one?

Also does anyone know where I can get some frontbrake and clutch fluid reservoirs? All I can find online is full master cylinders or resevoir socks and caps, neither of which I need.

picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15019&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15018&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=14969&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=14968&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=14970&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=14971&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=14972&thumb=1

Resivoirs - eBay?

Post lots of pics as you recreate this classic. Gotta say, I'm jealous.

I will def. post pics but I wouldn't say Im recreating a classic. I would call it unfucking a mistreated bike on a budget. lol. Im planning on trying to chop the tail and making it look similar to a bobber. Then I want to paint it flat black with some flat red accent for the classic hot rod look. But first I need to get it ridable. I don't know if I going to try to use the stock headlights or sell them if I find better option.

Thanks guys I think the name of the battery im thinking of is called Ballistic Performance.

Personally I like the bikes that just have the seat fairing and front fender. Then a round headlight and simple gauges. Maybe fab up some scoops/shrouds for those radiators. Just depends what you'd rather do.. wrench or ride. Keeping the mods simple will speed up the project and get you on the road quicker. But whatever you do I'm sure I'll be :popcorn:.

I just searched "rc51 reservoir" on fleebay and got atleast one result for a factory front brake res.

Edited by DrewsBrews

The ballistic batteries are about 3-4x more $$ than a traditional battery. Nobody sees it. If you're "on a budget", there may be better ways to spend the $100 difference. Like on a front brake/ reservoir setup.

I wish I would've taken more photos of my "before" SV650. It was in horrible shape, and I think I resurrected it pretty well. Lots of fun.

The ballistic batteries are about 3-4x more $$ than a traditional battery. Nobody sees it. If you're "on a budget", there may be better ways to spend the $100 difference. Like on a front brake/ reservoir setup.

I wish I would've taken more photos of my "before" SV650. It was in horrible shape, and I think I resurrected it pretty well. Lots of fun.

I love your SV. You did good work.

A lot of pressure on you to deliver Cooter :D

Street fighter might be hard to do, but a bit of a rat bike would work.

But then I found this concept of a Hawk/RC51 chop job:

@ RC51 concept drawings

http://www.globalmotorbikes.com/forums/showthread.php?8576-RC51-Concept-drawings

HONDAVT1000HAWK-vtr-concept-4.jpg

Rat = remove everything that doesn't go or stop. Weird out what is left. Modify removed parts and put back on, or replace with strange new stuff.

Edited by ReconRat

Street fighter might be hard to do, but a bit of a rat bike would work.

But then I found this concept of a Hawk/RC51 chop job:

@ RC51 concept drawings

http://www.globalmotorbikes.com/forums/showthread.php?8576-RC51-Concept-drawings

HONDAVT1000HAWK-vtr-concept-4.jpg

Rat = remove everything that doesn't go or stop. Weird out what is left. Modify removed parts and put back on, or replace with strange new stuff.

How would that be possible?

VFR swingarm on a RC?

How would that be possible?

VFR swingarm on a RC?

Good question. I've seen/heard of it done, but I'd think it would be more trouble than it is worth. Better question, where did the radiators relocate? Used to be on the sides... That must be them down low. That's a big change also.

Edited by ReconRat

The reason I was thinking of the ballistic battery is because I'm thinking of chopping the tail pretty much off. Kind of a bobber look. The smaller battery will give me more room to relocate the electronics. I'll try to find a picture of what I'm thinking of doing with it.

Reservoir - a word I never could spell. Look for a double round headlight like a speed triple.

That would look badass!

I haven't looked at it too much but I think the stock headlights will look badass without the fairing if I can mount them up. They look real aggressive and would look cool with the intake still there. Not to sure but I already have them so it will save $ and if it looks like crap ill sell em.

Good question. I've see/heard of it done, but I'd think it would be more trouble than it is worth. Better question, where did the radiators relocate? Used to be on the sides... That must be them down low. That's a big change also.

There are quite a few radiator relocation kits out there but I don't want to get that indepth right off the rip. I kind of like the radiators standing out like they do.

The colors I'm thinking are flat black and red like the old school hotrods. I can't find any pictures of what I want to do but it will def. be one of a kind.

I can tell you a few things to make the motor a little better. Its a fun bike for sure

What type of things? The first thing I want to do is get it running good. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.