NY Times on Conceal & Carry

dorifto240

I agree with this part:

"In the end, most researchers say the scattershot results are not unexpected, because the laws, in all likelihood, have not significantly increased the number of people carrying concealed weapons among those most likely to commit crimes or to be victimized. "

My thoughts are that the writeup was basically just another bashing on CHL/CCW people. Yes there are nuts that have their license, but there are also terrible drivers that kill people daily in car accidents that have their drivers license. Last time I checked I was more able to drive a car than I was get my CCW renewed.

Luckily we have very up to date people here who I am sure can give more facts about all of this. I know I've read success stories at my fiance's stepdads house in some magazine he gets, and I love reading them.

The most convincing argument against mass concealed carry (in my mind anyway) is that the average joe citizen doesn't think about cross-fire in crowded areas. Then again, that would probably not be the most likely place for a crime to take place, so...

whatever. No one's mind is going to change on this issue. Wasted paper and ink.

• Upvote 1