polymer gun comparison

kawi kid

I don't know. Some of the features he detracts points for are non-issues for me. Having a grip safety for one. I have two handguns with them and 5 without and have never had a problem switching between the two styles. The second is country of origin. What does it matter if the gun is made outside the USA. We all know there are several guns made in the USA that aren't worth the zinc they are cast from. :p

If you use the left half of the chart just as a reference guide for size, ammo capacity and general features I think it is fine. The scoring part can really just be done away with.

Only our K9 is allowed a weapon mounted light. :(

How does the dog shoot, what with no opposable thumb? And where does he wear the holster? I assume he open carries? Modified Weaver stance, strong-paw? I'll bet his slide has a lot of claw wear... :dunno:

:lol:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying hard not to love my 19, but no dice. Bought a Sig 239 to take over carry duties. Nope, still outshoot it with the Glock. It just plain hits where I point and points oh-so-naturally. For the people not liking the grip or the feel of Glock, try the Gen 4. That is all.

There is nothing on that list that would make me think otherwise about getting my apparently horrendous sp2022 again. I have hated the way every glock and xdm has felt when manipulating and shooting, yet those are the biggest players (from my standpoint, m&p is probably 3rd popular). The other day someone told me how they liked their g19 more than my sp2022 because it "doesn't have all the buttons and levers" mine has. In all actuality the glock has more buttons and levers, but he has never even shot one before. We all picked what we did because it was what we liked the best for the price we were willing to pay and, unless we are able to shoot every gun out there, we don't know if it was truly the best choice. I think we can all agree at least, this test is crap and shows absolutely nothing. The numbers on the right are tabulated from no numerical basis, every DA/SA trigger failed for some reason, they are mixing sizes, the "best" size seems to be some imaginary one that fits the g19 perfectly and the list goes on. I'm not really sure what this says except that if you want a g19, then this is the decreasing list you should go down to find a similar pistol

I've been trying hard not to love my 19, but no dice. Bought a Sig 239 to take over carry duties. Nope, still outshoot it with the Glock. It just plain hits where I point and points oh-so-naturally. For the people not liking the grip or the feel of Glock, try the Gen 4. That is all.

I'm quoting this for reasons of truth!

Hell, I shot it better than you did....

Please see my Avatar..........and yes you did shoot it quite well, just proves that you need to consider that possibly over a Glock. Just because you get a great price on a gun, doesn't mean it is the best/right choice.;)

Yes the Gen 4 grip is better, but I still hate the front finger grooves.

I need some help with this, where is the decocker & hammer on the Glock? Please add up the actual extra buttons & levers for me, I can't seem to be able to find them.

I did not add them all up, but with the glock having the trigger safety they are at least dead even on the "levers" category. I don't have a glock on hand, so I will change that statement to "In all actuality the glock has the same number of buttons and levers". I think he was referring more to the fact that there is a hammer and therefore it looks more complicated