Home defense and dogs

redkow97

When I was a teen our dog woke my mom up and went running to my room. There was a person standing outside my window looking in while I was sleeping. I woke up when the dog hit my door open,she told me to be still. When she turned the hall lights on he took off. Next morning we found foot prints in the mud outside my window....dog slept in my room after that.

Dogs,guns and intruders now we're talking. My terrier mix who can bust ham bones with her jaws sleeps at our feet my 90lb. strangely aggresive Lab next to the bed. Mossberg 500 cruiser loaded with Estate tactical #4 buck 26 soft pellets low brass load /nasty. Dogs trained to never attack above waist, keeps an intruders hand busy protecting whats left of his boy parts. Hell he'll prolly beg to get shot.

Solid Doors, good locks, all windows and doors are hooked to alarm, motion sensor, two noisy dogs outside, and two inside. I have a biometric safe with my XDM with rail mounted light attached that I grab first. I grab the key to the Gun locker and get AR with surefire or Remington 870 with mag tube extension and pistol grip and sure fire light(as soon as I mount it this weekend). The AR is loaded with Hornady TAP ammo and my shotgun is loaded with 1-birdshot, and then 2-either estate OO buckshot rounds or Hornady TAP 00 Buck, and then a 3" slug (not worried about over penetration), and then finished off with 00 buck. I go to top of the stairs and camp. Wife grabs the other shotgun and goes to our nephew's room. Over penetration does not concern me since we all sleep upstairs and I would be covering the stairs, if a bullet over penetrated it would head to the basement woopty doo. My sister in law freaks out and probably joins the wife in the nephew's room.

In my bedroom:

I have 5 or 6 loaded mags for the AR

6 loaded mags plus one in the XDM

1911 with 3 loaded mags

Taurus TCP with 1 loaded mag

several boxes of 40, 45, and 12 guage, and 380 on top of the gun locker.

A ammo can full of 12 gauge 00 buck beside the gun locker

I have several several thousand rounds of 223, 40, 45, and 12 gauge in the closet upstairs.

Sometimes my carry gun (sig 229) with 3 mags is in the bedroom also.

I have guns strategically placed throughout the house also.

I think if someone breaks in while we are sleeping I am covered.

Edited by crb

I have a very protective 137lb american bulldog I think the bad guys would be better off with me shooting them than if they tangled with the dog.

This, if my dog got to them before I shot them, they would regret it even more. He might only be 89lbs, but Sheppard/Chow mix, he doesn't handle strangers well, okay let me rephrase, he will fucking eat them as fast as he can.

He sleeps in his cage when I am home, but all my weapons are next to my bed, so on the way to his cage in the next room and 2 flights of stairs up, he gets let out after I grab 1 to 2 weapons, and by the time I turn around he is out.

Happened once that CPD brought home a roomies friend that was lost downtown to my house, woke Basco up as he was sleeping between my bed and the bedroom door, which he does anytime not in cage, and it was a bark I have never heard since. He doesn't bark unless someone is at the door as I trained him to, and this bark was one of the I am going to kill you slowly barks. I had my HG in my hand when I answered the door and seeing CPD was a little sketchy carrying a loaded gun. He was cool and gave the kid to me to put to bed.