Opinion on vehicles

Gump

Gmc Terrain or Subaru Outback  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Gmc Terrain or Subaru Outback

• GMC Terrain
    • Subaru Outback
    • Hookers and blow

lol...I actually kinda agree from a looks standpoint. But I'm still a Dogde, Chrysler hater. He must of saved thousands on repairs. Next to Saab, and VW as the most unreliable pos's on the planet.

Thinking about the Outback v6 version in black. 25mpg. That way I don't feel like i'm driving a rental car with a tiny motor and better for towing. Unless a terrain pops up with a good deal but I don't think i'm going to like that little motor in such a big SUV. It lives in the noisy high RPM range.

I went with a Subaru Outback with the 3.6.

Thought process. Scoured Subaru Outback and GMC forums for realities.

Terrain had better looks and space but the 4cyl just would annoy me too much with lack of power. A lot of people reporting bogus MPG rates by GM and Misc. problems in general. Moving to a 6cyl gets too low of gas mileage.

The Subaru 4cyl with CVT tranny, Less whiny motor than the Terrain but still felt like a rental car to me with no torque and still lived in a loud rpm range for daily driving.

So excluding looks and gaining reliabilty of the brand I went with a Subaru Outback premium, black, 3.6 boxer, hitch, rear vision camera, moon roof, and a rear entertainment center(kids), splash gaurds, front bumper undergaurd, heated seats, et cetera. Not liking the light interior only option but o'well. The 3.6 version was fun to drive, felt responsive and I don't feel like towing would be a slow hassle vs. the I4 when it got a little heavy.

My numbers are from Subaru's website. The owner manuals state to use trailer brakes for any load greater than 1' date='000 lbs. You and I know that is ridiculous. I've hauled 2 motorcycles to/from Deal's Gap in a trailer with my Subaru. I don't have an upgraded transmission cooler or trailer brakes. I use my Outback as a truck all the time... and it's just the 4 cylinder model.

Just sayin'.... :)[/quote']

dude a honda civic 4cyl can do that. 2 bikes and a little trailer isn't much weight. my trailer weighs less than my bike.

I never said it wouldn't. He's not looking at Honda Civics. You should buy a nicer trailer.

you missed my point. which was 2 bikes and a steel trailer doesn't weigh shit. and any car can pull 1000lbs.

shit my old gmc sonoma with the 2.2 L 4cyl and 4:10 gears can tow all that without breaking a sweat. and those trucks weigh close to 3500 lbs. he could probably buy any car on the market and tow 2 bikes on a trailer.

btw, the trailer is a 5X9 and steel. and it only weighs 380lbs. small trailers don't weigh a whole lot.

Edited by serpentracer

Thanks pokey and IP.

It is fun to make fun of a Subaru, I've had two before but most of u jokers can suck it....:D

4 banger would of done it but I get into hauling all kinds of goofy stuff. 2 jet ski's are close to 2000#'s on the double trailer and there's lots of hills around here.

Edited by Gump

Thanks pokey and IP.

It is fun to make fun of a Subaru, I've had two before but most of u jokers can suck it....:D

4 banger would of done it but I get into hauling all kinds of goofy stuff. 2 jet ski's are close to 2000#'s on the double trailer and there's lots of hills around here.

15250pos.jpg

Subaru, because truth in advertising isn't enforced on the automotive industry. :lol:

Lol...

I agree. I'm old and don't care.

Try watching YouTube videos of Subaru outbacks in the mud. It's just not the same as a wrangler, or truck.

Edited by Gump