RIP Tasha

dustinsn3485

So I just found out that another rider has been taken too early. She could ride as good as some of the best guys I know. Without her I wouldn't have been able to go to MotoGP because she let Jenny and I stay in her room. My trips to Deals Gap wouldn't have been as memorable without her. Riding will never be the same...Tasha, you will be missed dearly.

She had just became a control rider with Absolute Cycle http://www.absolutecycle.com/raceshop/. They were at Jennings GP in Florida this weekend for a trackday and she passed while on the track.

316810_10150421271953523_540883522_10035359_508164969_n.jpg

310481_10150406561368523_540883522_9953938_163908584_n.jpg

RIP rider, I hope you are in a better place.

This really makes me look at things in a true life scenario. This was a TRACK day, not a race, not a competition and makes me wonder if what I choose to do is something I truly love to do or not. I'm about to get married and start a beautiful family. Once things prosper and the kids etc come along, I just don't know if it will be something I do or not. Right now I say hell yes, but once I see their faces and my wife's, I dunno. Maybe it's because it's late and I'm tired, but reading this just really made me think about things and my future. I'm no AMA star, let alone someone with a chance to win a MotoSeries race, so is it really worth it?

I dunno anymore.

Rip

I Understand what you say madcat, everyday when I start my bike I have a brief thought is it worth it, but once the wind starts blowing in ur face, u realize u r experiencing life, u are alive and

Living it

Try to be safe, that's all we can do

Totally agree, to both of the above. I do it because I'm a freaking adrenniline junkie, anything I can do that could kill me is what I want to do. This is about the only legal option out there. I raced cars, I work on race cars now just to be around a track, I ride because I need to hit that speed that isn't legal on the open roads, I need to improve and push myself, BUT at the end of the day, is it really worth it?

I guess Max Power in a few words states it best. I could die driving to work Monday, and then I'd really be pissed at myself, so yes, it is worth it for sure.

Above all, RIP Rider and I will pray for you tomorrow in church and let God know that you are coming to be in a better place.

Mad-

The thoughts you have are pretty much normal, man. Trust me, there are times when you evaluate things when such incidents like this happen. I have unfortunately seen first hand, a friend pass right before our eyes and a few other friends pass at the track.

It is probably a cold thing to say, but it is part of the game we play. Yes, racing is a lot different than track days, but the reality is that anything to do with motorcycles is dangerous. Everything from play riding in the woods to full blow AMA Superbike racing. It's all dangerous and is never going to be anything less.

As far as track days go, remember that your odds are increased so dramatically while on the street. The variables are so much greater and that leads to a higher risk of death than you'll see at the track. You cannot shelter yourself in a bubble. You can literally be killed waiting at a stop light on a low traveled road on a clear and sunny day... Or, as some say, doing the most normal and repetitious thing you do every single day that has zero to do with motorcycles...

The way to view this is to ask yourself if she enjoyed doing what she was doing. If you can answer "yes" to that, understand that she most likely would not want any of us to stop doing the same thing.

It doesn't matter if you are a play rider or a full on race professional. Accidents as trivial as what Lenz had happen to catastrophic things like hitting a barrier that was not protected by airfence in the impact zone of a race happen all the time. I've seen people carted off in an ambulance at the track from heat exhaustion and they were only spectators...

As for the family concern... Well, you know my deal. Again, not to be cold and heartless, but when the shield goes down, it all gets forgotten. Nothing matters other than the track and the bike. Anything like family is simply a distraction and will raise the level of danger even further. It has to be put out of your mind and allow yourself to think and focus on what matters at that very moment.

I didn't know Tasha. However, I have been in this same situation numerous times. My heart goes out to those she left behind and know that she would have chosen to do the exact same thing again had she had a chance to do it all over... RIP and Godspeed.

• Upvote 1

Thanks KTM, I was hoping someone with personal experience would come in and remind me there is no bubble of life. I need to have the release on the track, it's something I definitely love and definitely need to have in my life.

I can't imagine dealing with it first hand, and hope I won't ever have to, but you are 100% correct, this is all part of the game of life.

• Upvote 1

R.I.P Tasha (rcrgirl84) she was a great rider and like Dustin said, she could out ride many people including me. She was a huge inspiration to women riders and even found a few websites dedicated to women riders, those being sportbikegurls.com, sportbikechix.com and her last one twowheelgirls.com. her smile could light up a room, especially when talking about motorcycle riding and track days. I had gone to the gap and stayed with her and her fiance and even at MOTO GP a few times. Tasha will be missed dearly and by all that knew her. And yes that picture of her and Marco are eerie for me to look at as both great riders are gone now.

MadCat, riding in a car is supposedly just as risky as on a motorcycle. Perhaps it's just because we're in a four wheeler so much more often. Or that we travel on crowded roads. I don't know. It's fair to say everything in life is a risk worth taking.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. - Helen Keller; The Open Door (1957)

Link to her memorial page on facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/NatashaLouisMemorial

Looks like I'm making the drive to New Jersey Motorsports park for the memorial service on Sunday. If anyone feels inclined to donate, there's a link on the memorial page for such activity. Also some sort of foundation is being looked into, in her name.