vin check

warpspeed

don't waste time with paying for car fax either. if someone can do it for free then ok. but that shit is a waste of money.

for one, unless anything was reported to the police or dmv, you won't know jack shit.

my bike will say it was purchased by me and that's it.

but it's been crashed 4 times.

Search for the thread I started a couple months ago, I forget who did it for me but the person should be in that thread. He got me something that is very similar to a car fax but is actually more detailed.

Edit: found it http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=86098&highlight=Carfax ask Crazy_red to do it for ya.

Edited by JStump

don't waste time with paying for car fax either. if someone can do it for free then ok. but that shit is a waste of money.

for one, unless anything was reported to the police or dmv, you won't know jack shit.

my bike will say it was purchased by me and that's it.

but it's been crashed 4 times.

Car Fax only tells you if there has been an incident that has an effect on the title (totaled, flood damage, etc). We had a van that was in a major collision before we bought it, but nothing showed on the Car Fax. It wasn't until I took it to a body shop and had it measured that we found out.

Car Fax only tells you if there has been an incident that has an effect on the title (totaled, flood damage, etc). We had a van that was in a major collision before we bought it, but nothing showed on the Car Fax. It wasn't until I took it to a body shop and had it measured that we found out.

you wouldn't believe how many people come to my friends used car lot that only sells cars between 1k and 4k. typically they're all around the 2-2500 mark. and ask about a car fax on them. I just kind of laugh inside and explain to them why a car fax report is useless especially for a car in that price range.

like you said, if the car was totalled and rebuilt it will be on the title already.

he can't hide that.

carfax is like the bbb. they made themselves out to be some kind of authority on something but in reality they're no more than a gimmick trying to make a living riping people off like the people they are claiming to protect you from.

if you guys never heard about the BBB scam. just google it...they only exist by telling companies someone made a bad report about your company and to raise you "score" you need to pay the BBB a few hundred bucks (I think it's $400).

talk about a racketeering scam.

they even tried it to me. I got myself a Federal ID number because I wanted to start a window cleaning company. well I ended up getting my old job back and never did the window cleaning thing. all I ever got to do was put my number on YP.com. I got a call from a lady in TEXAS from the BBB telling me one of my customers just gave me a negative review about my services. LOL oh and guess who offered to raise my rating back to an A if I paid them a few hundred bucks...lol

I never had any customers. she didn't know what to tell me other than I need to pay a fee to get my score back up. I told her the BBB is a scam and hung up.

Edited by serpentracer