Can anyone Diamond Plate

bowdog

Bought a new camper last night and looking to put some diamond plating on the front to prevent from my truck throwing rocks into the camper. Thinking diamond plating would look good and protect well. Anyone out there do this sort of thing? Please let me know your thoughts and a price range to purchase and have installed.

We've been thinking of doing the same thing, then we got spray in bed liner and did that instead. Held up real nice and was super cheap lol.

But we might do this on the camper we have now, except Im curious about sealing it so water doesn't get behind etc.

You doing this for your new toyhauler?:D

I was worried about water too, what Jester said about siliconing around after install should work i would think?

Yep- I would silicone around the edges of the plate, and maybe even cover the entire backside lightly, set it in place and let the silicone hold it. Then pre-drill where you want to screw it in. Finally I would use self tapper sheet metal screws with inset washers, and silicone each screw for before running it in.

Yep- I would silicone around the edges of the plate, and maybe even cover the entire backside lightly, set it in place and let the silicone hold it. Then pre-drill where you want to screw it in. Finally I would use self tapper sheet metal screws with inset washers, and silicone each screw for before running it in.

+1.

I have a saw you can cut it with. Let me know if you need help.

Instead of caulking each screw hole, you can use the screws that roofers would use for their paneling.

http://itwbuildex.com/gcs_teksbondedwasher.shtml You can get them at a Fastenal or any other fastner type store.

Add here is a gallery of other fastners http://itwbuildex.com/metalfastening_index.shtml