WTB: 2009+ Yamaha R1

Hailwood

For reasons only slightly know to me, I have decided that I would really like to give one of the 09+ R1's a try as my next mid~long day backroad bike.

I've seen quite a few good deals in other states, but nothing that has caught my eye nearby. There are a couple at Akron area dealers, but the advertised pricing is so far out of touch with private seller values that I doubt any of them will pan out.

I'm not picky about the color, although I'm a big fan of Yamaha blue (the '09 yellow is also strangely appealing), and don't mind some good quality performance/handling/comfort related mods. Not really interested in bling or drag-focused bikes.

If you know of anyone that's considering selling, just shoot me a PM. I'm basically ready to go as soon as I find the right bike.

Edited by Hailwood

I'll know more next month, but I'm seriously thinking about putting my 09 up for sale. I've got my eye on a new machine.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a big fan of the yellow, and I really liked your bike when I saw it at the big group ride last fall.

If you do decide to sell, definitely let me know.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a big fan of the yellow, and I really liked your bike when I saw it at the big group ride last fall.

If you do decide to sell, definitely let me know.

Why, thank you. ;) I will definitely let you know for sure! The bike I want will be avaiable next month, and depending how the test ride goes, and not pissing off my wife, I'll know more by then.

Why, thank you. ;) I will definitely let you know for sure! The bike I want will be avaiable next month, and depending how the test ride goes,

and not pissing off my wife,

I'll know more by then.

Well shit, so much for that idea...

:lol:

Tell me about! :D If I told you, that this was my second time, I've been married to a Italian women, would you think I was crazy?*

The thoughts I have in mind is certifiably insane and/or masochist

Still on the lookout.

I've checked out a couple of used bikes at dealerships, but most of them were in pretty rough shape and were overpriced to boot.

I even looked into a new left-over 2010 from State 8 in the Fiat/Rossi replica colors that I liked quite a bit, but the cost was over what I'm looking to spend.

I'm still hoping that Sniper gets Panigale fever :D

for reference i bought my 09 in sept09 for 10600+tax/title dont let anyone gouge your eyes out on price. they shouldnt even been that expensive. if you check r1-forum.com you can find some prestine 09+ bikes with good mods for great price.

R1-Forum is a big part of what I'm using to gauge pricing.

There have been a couple of bikes on there recently that I would have been all over if they had been a bit closer.

Still on the lookout.

I've checked out a couple of used bikes at dealerships, but most of them were in pretty rough shape and were overpriced to boot.

I even looked into a new left-over 2010 from State 8 in the Fiat/Rossi replica colors that I liked quite a bit, but the cost was over what I'm looking to spend.

I'm still hoping that Sniper gets Panigale fever :D

I still have it. :D

Thanks. I had seen that one earlier today and got exited until I noticed that it looked like just about every piece of bodywork was scuffed.

I might check it out anyway since it's so close to me just for fun.

Thanks. I had seen that one earlier today and got exited until I noticed that it looked like just about every piece of bodywork was scuffed.

I might check it out anyway since it's so close to me just for fun.

...and is that rust on the chain?

J&J deals with repos, etc. but they usually have really clean bikes. I bought a bike from them once and everything was good. This history on this R1 is suspect.

• 2 weeks later...