Project Broken Arrow

imprez55

Coming along nicely. I put on a Vortex Keyless cap and definitely like it over the old OEM key system. I did a lot of what your now doing also and can remember all the "fun" . Might consider taping around the servo delete kit so that the wires don't cross and melt the resistor/fuzes. The OEM sprockets are 16/42 so your -1/+1 atm :)

Whenever you get around to the RAM air intake, you might want to consider gutting the plastic tabs out also. Makes for a cleaner intake and better air flow.

Edited by SJC1000rr

Coming along nicely. I put on a Vortex Keyless cap and definitely like it over the old OEM key system. I did a lot of what your now doing also and can remember all the "fun" . Might consider taping around the servo delete kit so that the wires don't cross and melt the resistor/fuzes. The OEM sprockets are 16/42 so your -1/+1 atm :)

Whenever you get around to the RAM air intake, you might want to consider gutting the plastic tabs out also. Makes for a cleaner intake and better air flow.

I did not know that about the sprockets until you mentioned it. Apparently they changed up 1 tooth in the rear in '07. I had assumed they were the same as my '03 still. I am going to hot glue and wrap the servo delete in electrical tape, I just thought it was a good picture to have. I am definitely doing the gutting when I get a ram air intake, they are just proving difficult to find and VERY expensive when I do find them. I might have to DIY something :dunno:

I'm curious what was even salvageable from this bike besides the title lol. But keep up the good work brotha

Hmm, lets see here: subframe, battery tray, stock exhaust, main wiring harness and part of the headlight one, swing arm, rear wheel, front+rear calipers/lines/pads, f+r axles and spacers, tires, 1 clip on and all controls, tail fairing, most of the engine...and that's all I can think of haha. This is truly a Frankenstein of bikes!

Nope, no formal experience or training with anything I do (bikes, machining, etc.), just fun. I got my first bike about 2 years ago for a steal because it needed a new transmission and I didn't have enough money for anything else. So I read up on what needed to be done and read the service manual and eventually got it done. It took a long time (like 6 months) because I was working 1 or 2 days per month in my brother's garage and didn't really have the proper tools. I thought it was easy enough though, so I eventually ended up buying a basket case '03 600rr from a member on here with a cracked lower crankcase. Again, I just read the service manual and ended up getting that done in a mere 2 1/2 weeks. I felt like having another project and bringing another bike back from the dead so I picked this up. Unfortunately with cash flow, this is taking much longer than expected. It is also coming in over my expected budget by a couple hundred because of a few things that I just didn't plan for (triple trees, ram air tube being so expensive, no gauge cluster).

I guess I just have a knack for picking things up easily and fixing things, which I credit to my dad and grandfather. The offer is open to anyone, if anyone is curious or wants to learn more, I am more than happy helping out and teaching.