Obama pulls combat pay

grapesmuggler27

NOT TRUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slanted story.

The old way paid a 'soldier' an entire month of the benefits, with only 1 day served "in country."

The new way pro-rates for days "in country."

If Sgt Slaughter deploys to Afghanistan for 12 months and 15 days, he will now receive Imminent Danger Pay IDP(combat pay) for 12 months and 15 days. Versus the old ways of being paid Imminent Danger Pay for 13 months.

I think this is very fair.

• Upvote 1

Slanted story.

The old way paid a 'soldier' an entire month of the benefits, with only 1 day served "in country."

If Sgt Slaughter deploys to Afghanistan for 12 months and 15 days, he will now receive Imminent Danger Pay IDP(combat pay) for 12 months and 15 days. Versus the old ways of being paid Imminent Danger Pay for 13 months.

Yup there is it.

He didn't pull Combat pay. There is Hazardous duty pay(HDP) and the old combat pay(IDP) or something like that. If you are in Kuwait or Kyrgyzstan, non combat zones at this time, you get IDP. Afghanistan is HDP. Difference is, you get $7.50 a day you are in an IDP, up to $225 a month. HDP gets $225 a month even if you are in that zone 1 day and you paperwork is turned in reflecting it. This break up of the IDP is so VIP's can get a per diem for going to a some what, or once upon a time risky area. Some how Air Force personnel were getting paid for hitting Iraq, Afghanistan, and Kuwait on supply runs all in the same month, and getting paid separately for each zone they landed in. Several hundred dollars extra a month was on that pay stub. There wasn't anything saying they couldn't, so no one was in trouble. You get the point on this though I think. Make no mistake, I'm not a Obama supporter. I just want the right word out there.

Slanted story.

Ok that makes sense

but regardless I think the soldiers are way underpaid for what they do.

Slanted story.

This is pretty accurate. But I thought that for the remaining days in the month you were still considered on orders and at their mercy until the remaining days were thru?

This is pretty accurate. But I thought that for the remaining days in the month you were still considered on orders and at their mercy until the remaining days were thru?

I'm AD...so that's how my example was geared. Not sure about Guard/Reserves

Here is a good site describing different pays:

http://www.dfas.mil/militarymembers/payentitlements/specialpay.html

I agree with the abuse Mojoe described, but it's more than just USAF :p

For those that understand the pays...the big question is, does this leak over to Combat Zone Tax Exclusion (CZTE)? Similar to HFP/IDP, but makes the servicemember's paycheck "tax free" for an entire month at a time. That's where the real money comes from.

If they keep you past your orders date to end, that is a different pay out plan. Like $50 a day + base pay and entitlements.

It will vary depending on the kind of orders. Deployment, title 10 orders for a Guard or reservist, you will receive the HDP only in a justified area. If you left that area say on the 29th, you still get it, even if your orders don't end until the 5th of the following month. but you don't get it for the following month because you left the HDP area already. It ;s the same orders though. This is typical for soldier coming home or waiting in a mob site waiting to fly in country.

Senators and Congress representatives were cashing in on this too. Now, the get $7.50 a day in Kuwait. They tell the story of, "I was in the Middle East". Kuwait is a paradise. It's freaking nice there.

This is a good thing to cut cost and keep people honest and in check.

Did that article really say the Marine got a letter from PayPal?

Great journalism right there!

You all might want to go back an really READ the article. Not read into it what you want to read.

I did not say PayPal...... but MyPay which he states is the way they get their pay now.

Gotta commend the bonehead for actually trimming some costs. Too bad he didn't focus on some of the painfully obvious areas of overspending though instead of military pay to those serving.

NoBama 2012

Way to turn a compliment into an F-U. Can't you be happy that he did something you agree with and leave it at that, at least for a minute or two? :nono:

As stated before, you would have Senior leadership show up in theater the last week of the month, then leave the first week of the next month. Whammo 2 months combat pay, while Private Bag-o-donuts had to burn shit for the entire 2 months for the same thing.

It was a good move.

You all might want to go back an really READ the article. Not read into it what you want to read.

I did not say PayPal...... but MyPay which he states is the way they get their pay now.

I'm not reading that shit AGAIN. Why don't you try one more time. Come back, apologize, and we can move on. :p

I did read it. In case you missed it, here is a quote pulled directly from this "news" article, bolded for your convenience:

...A Marine who lives in Florida has just posted a note on Facebook which stated that he received a letter from his PayPal account that he would only be receiving his Hazard pay (Imminent Danger Pay) if he is actually in a hostile area and at risk of being shot at...

No, you didn't say PayPal. In fact, you didn't say anything until your post, but the article did mention PayPal. I'm pretty sure nothing was aimed at you, so what's the big deal? :dunno:

*** edit: maybe you meant to type "It did not say PayPal..." ?

PayPay/MyPay, some misspellings, some grammatical errors. All of these combine to undermine the story.

Edited by jblosser

looks like that site has a history of making up shit like fox news does. pat dollard is a very outspoken anti obama critic and very conservative film maker.

and that site has some very questionable stories. almost looks like a news spoof site like the onion but less obvious. there seems to be tons of anti-obama stories that seem way far fetched to be taken serious.

I really hope none of you get your news from a place like that.

Edited by serpentracer

Gotta commend the bonehead for actually trimming some costs. Too bad he didn't focus on some of the painfully obvious areas of overspending though instead of military pay to those serving.

NoBama 2012

...and he got Bin Ladin and he got us out of Iraq,where we never should have been in the first place and achieved nothing but killing over 4000 Americans,God only knows how many working class Iraqis, and spending nearly two trillion dollars doing nothing but creating another generation of terrorists.

And he/we have killed more top ranking Taliban leaders in the last year using drones than the previous cartel did in their whole failed,and costly,efforts in the region.Drones save both money and American lives.

And he just ordered the successful rescue of an American and Dane from Somali prates,while killing nine pirates.

What military successes did the Bush/Chaney cartel have other than Chaney's numerous deferments to stay out of Vietnam.

Edited by drc32-0
  • Downvote 1