Varmits beware!!

flounder

hunting with something that attracts the animal seems kind of cheap to me... "true" hunting should be done with a weapon and yourself, no scents, feeders, or any of that crap

Actually this one wasnt called in. We saw him, tracked him and got him that way. So... carry on your rant elsewhere.

By your definition, "True" hunting should be done with no weapon of any kind to make it completely fair.

Edited by flounder

Went out this morning.. DOG DOWN!!!!! :)

Did you miss? Did you hit his belly or is there an entrance wound we can't see?

Would hate to see it suffer.

I used to shoot groundhogs with a .22LR but they didn't die quick enough for my liking/conscience. Got a 22-250 and that thing is like the Grim Reaper - the 'hog is dead before he hits the ground - and with those stubby little legs he doesn't have far to fall.

Edited by Scruit

hunting with something that attracts the animal seems kind of cheap to me... "true" hunting should be done with a weapon and yourself, no scents, feeders, or any of that crap

Weapon? Cheater.

You should go out there naked, in the snow, with your bare hands and bite the 'yote to death.

:rolleyes:

Did you miss? Did you hit his belly or is there an entrance wound we can't see?

Would hate to see it suffer.

I used to shoot groundhogs with a .22LR but they didn't die quick enough for my liking/conscience. Got a 22-250 and that thing is like the Grim Reaper - the 'hog is dead before he hits the ground - and with those stubby little legs he doesn't have far to fall.

He popped up in front of us real quick and I shot him on on the trot. It got him in the bottom of the lungs and liver. and basically opened his entire underside up from entry point all the way out the underside. He sprinted dragged organs for about 30ft before piling up.

A 162 grain amax at almost 3100fps is like a can opener. There are pretty nasty

Edited by flounder

He popped up in front of us real quick and I shot him on on the trot. It got him in the bottom of the lungs and liver. and basically opened his entire underside up from entry point all the way out the underside. He sprinted dragged organs for about 30ft before piling up.

A 162 grain amax at almost 3100fps is like a can opener. There are pretty nasty

I have a Ruger M77 MkII in 22-250 Remington, shooting Winchester JHP "Varmint" rounds at 4000fps.

One time when I was trying to shoot a groundhog the little bastard prairie-dogged right as I pulled the trigger. The bullet took hi leg off instead of hitting him in lungs/heart. He started running in circles, so I had to get close to finish him off. I only had two rounds in the rifle (a spare in case the frist round doesn't kill him)

It wasn't until about 20' away that I could get a clean shot to finish him off (first shot was from 300'). "Blood and guts" was the most appropriate description of the scene. Gruesome, and I was pretty bummed about make the little fucker suffer.

I used to shoot groundhogs for pest control until a new warehouse was built within 1/2 mile downrange of me (prior to that the nearest building was 3 miles downrange). I just left them for the turkey vultures. Within 48hours they were gone. This one, though, was gone much quicker.

Yeah I dont like animals to suffer either. Its upsetting to me when I dont have a clean kill and DRT.

At least this dog didnt suffer long and probably never even realized what happened. The 30' he ran through the field looked looked like someone dragging a blood soaked mop. I should have taken a pic of it.

Deer Tree hugging liberal hippy that thinks you should hunt with what got gives you... I am glad we hunt the way we do or I would be hunting with a pathetic pecker. As would you, the only difference is YOU LIE ABOUT IT, I have come to terms with it! HA HA. Floulder next time you need to butt hump it first then you can shoot it. Or you can take Yota and it will die of AIDS soon after. IM BACK BITCHES!

You know my day job, so "DR" means Disaster Recovery to me, but couldn't fit that into a hunting term, and had nuthin' for the "T"...

Context + thinking some + one or two brain cells left = good guess, I guess...

You know my day job, so "DR" means Disaster Recovery to me, but couldn't fit that into a hunting term, and had nuthin' for the "T"...

Context + thinking some + one or two brain cells left = good guess, I guess...

Disaster Recovery Team??

For when Prod is Dead Right There.

Man, once the sun starts getting low, the 'yotes around me start their cries, and once its dark they get real loud. There must be quite a brood living just over the hill. I am lookin for one of those Scorpions, maybe used...., but hafta wait before my 30 30 comes in at the dealer. I did some checking around and it seems the Henry 30 30's are a bit scarce right now. My dealer's supplier doesn't even have one so it might be a few weeks....so I am reading your thread with great anticipation.....lol

Man, once the sun starts getting low, the 'yotes around me start their cries, and once its dark they get real loud. There must be quite a brood living just over the hill. I am lookin for one of those Scorpions, maybe used...., but hafta wait before my 30 30 comes in at the dealer. I did some checking around and it seems the Henry 30 30's are a bit scarce right now. My dealer's supplier doesn't even have one so it might be a few weeks....so I am reading your thread with great anticipation.....lol

Where do you live? Ill swing by. :)