So I need to replace furnace and AC this year...

jagr

I replaced the entire HVAC on the house i just bought and its 2300 sq ft without the basement. My house is all electric!

Ill leave this to grapesmuggler but the one thing I will say is that its not always the size of the unit you get. If your ducting is routed shitty, it wont matter if you have a 1 or 4 ton unit since the airflow "just wont flow" well.

I'm doubting I'll be doing Geo. it sounds great but prolly not in the cards.

To be honest, Westerville is really getting anti green.

They have banned all forms of wind power. Solar units must meet all manner of restrictions and esthetics. Smart metering was shot down even though the city was awarded a federal grant to pay for it. Sorry for the rant. Its just that all these Old people Suck! I think I'm gonna go high efficiency and be done with it.

Thanks for all the input fellas!

I replaced the entire HVAC on the house i just bought and its 2300 sq ft without the basement. My house is all electric!

Ill leave this to grapesmuggler but the one thing I will say is that its not always the size of the unit you get. If your ducting is routed shitty, it wont matter if you have a 1 or 4 ton unit since the airflow "just wont flow" well.

Good to know. Insulation is on the horizon as well. Just need to get electric upgraded first prior to cocooning it.

Ugh. It never ends!

Good to know. Insulation is on the horizon as well. Just need to get electric upgraded first prior to cocooning it.

Ugh. It never ends!

Get the machine from home depot and blow the atticat insulation. It wont settle like the cellulose insulation will.