Ohio Trooper Arrested For Driving 102 MPH While Drunk

John

so i guess in morrow county you don't go to jail if you're doing 100+ and drunk... ಠ_ಠ

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/02/17/mount-gilead-trooper-drunken-driving.html

Ohio Trooper Arrested For Driving 102 MPH While Drunk

Friday February 17, 2012 12:47 PM

UPDATED: Friday February 17, 2012 12:48 PM

MOUNT GILEAD, Ohio - An off-duty Ohio State Highway Patrol trooper was arrested Friday morning for speeding and drunken driving.

According to investigators, Tiffany Wilson was driving along Interstate 71 north in Morrow County at about 12:30 a.m. when she was stopped for driving 102 mph in a 65 mph zone.

Wilson registered a .16 blood alcohol level, investigators said.

Investigators said that she was not put in jail. Wilson was placed on permissive leave and was relieved of her badge, service weapon and identification card.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.

--------------

i remember back about 10 or 12 years ago, some jokers on new albany PD got in trouble because they pulled over a drunk driver... who was a cop (i think in gahanna) and just gave him a ride home. :nono:

lol, not the first time for this kind of bs.

a year or so back an officer was stopped on 33 doing 90 and drunk. got off with a slap on the wrist. then an officer was stopped on 270 doing well over 100 and he got off with a slap on the wrist. another officer was stopped on 23 south of cbus for going 90 or so and guess what.....he got off too.

In all my years that's the most action like this going on is one general locale. ridiculous behavior by both the officers and the depts.

a year or so back an officer was stopped on 33 doing 90 and drunk. got off with a slap on the wrist. then an officer was stopped on 270 doing well over 100 and he got off with a slap on the wrist. another officer was stopped on 23 south of cbus for going 90 or so and guess what.....he got off too.

In all my years that's the most action like this going on is one general locale. ridiculous behavior by both the officers and the depts.

The officer(s) on 270 were Highsmith of the OSHP and Thomas from Gahanna PD. They were doing well over 140 on a ZX14 in active 270 traffic when they got popped and released. The guy who pulled them over even went so far to turn his lapel mic off and said something to them that was never (to my knowledge) entered into evidence, after that they packed up and took off.

Highsmith got 5 days suspension, 6 months license suspension, 2 years probation and reassignment to Marysville (if memory serves), and Thomas got shitcanned, sued for wrongful termination, won, and now has his job back. Oh yeah, Thomas was also on injury leave at the time of the stop. All the details are here:

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/mar/10/police_officer_will_get_his_job_back_after_motorcy-ar-9172/

This shit right here is why I don't trust the police.

I hadn't heard how the 270 culprits were finally dealt with. Glad to hear at least something was done. Better than the other 2 I mentioned. One (the drunk speeder) was suspended due to the investigation, and finally the judge let him off 'for time served' which was a couple of weeks or so. The other got about the same treatment.

I do not blame you for your distrust in these cops and their agencies.

This behavior is not new, the dash cams and recorders that capture it is new. Law enforcement officers should face at least double the punishment that the rest of the public gets because of the hypocrisy of their conduct.

• Upvote 1

This behavior is not new, the dash cams and recorders that capture it is new. Law enforcement officers should face at least double the punishment that the rest of the public gets because of the hypocrisy of their conduct.

you will love this...

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-02-02/news/31019073_1_gustin-reichbach-jason-arbeeny-jail-time

cop admits to planting drugs on suspects to meet his quota.

cop cries to the judge at court and ends up getting probation instead of the 4 years he should have gotten.

i wonder if any of the people who he framed cried at their trial and got probation instead of jail?

Dashcams and recorders are only as faithful as the people operating them.

The solution for this is simple. Always-on full sound and video recording (fish eye lens) wirelessly transmitting to a locked, encrypted storage device that can be accessed only by a police oversight watchdog (that is completely police independent) and only AFTER the police have filed their arrest reports. And mandatory perjury prosecutions where the deviation between video and report show it is warranted. If video, or sound is missing it should automatically be prima facie evidence of tampering and immediately result in all charges being dropped and immediate restitution and if the problem persists or results in injury, result in immediate charges against the police officer.

The unions, however, would never in a million years agree to something like this because it undermines the "us vs. them" mentality they've created over the last 30 some-odd years, and it puts some control back in the hands of civilians. I understand the whole "split-second decision" argument, however I also understand from media and trial lawyers alike that a fuckload of perjury seems to happen from the police without any repercussions at all.