Where to buy oil

imprez55

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get larger quantities of Rotella T6 for a good price. I used to be able to do the $20 oil/filter changes on my old car, but with my new one it requires full synthetic and the dealer wants $70 each oil change. So every 3-5k miles in the car and two bikes that will all be running Rotella T6, I figure I can get it cheaper if I buy in "bulk" sizes. Ideally it would just be cases of 5 or so gallon containers, but if the price point is good I might be able to spring for a barrel. Does anyone else do this? It wouldn't hurt if someone had a hookup for Purolator PureOne PL14612 filters either

They carry it in 1 gallon jugs, I am asking about larger quantities. I was hoping that it would be cheaper to get it in a larger quantity since I will probably be buying a substantial amount. Also, my walmart uses the "price may vary by location" clause to its fullest and isn't actually the cheapest sometimes.

Local auto/diesel mechanic shops should be able to assist you, possibly local auto parts suppliers (O'Reillys, Napa, Advanced, Autozone, etc.), and local speed shops, should be able to hook you up with bulk, or set you in the right direction of where you can get it...

Don't forget about implement/Heavy Equipment stores either, they might even have bulk that you can buy right there.

Most farmers buy in bulk, so chances are, they will already have barrels available, or they can get it for you very easy.

I am pretty sure that TSC has 5 gallon buckets of Rotella, not 100% sure on the T6 though, and not sure if it is cheaper to buy that way from them or not.

http://www.dtpetroleumserviceinc.com/lubricants.html

Edited by LINK

Thanks for the responses guys! I will see what kind of truck places are around here that would sell it. I looked on the retail locator on Shell's website but they only had Autozone and O'Relies with a couple other places mixed in. Link, I will see what those guys can get, but they are a bit of a drive for me

If you were closer I think we can get it in five gallon buckets

Who is "we"? Do you mean your work or the Walmart closest to you?

Thanks for the responses guys! I will see what kind of truck places are around here that would sell it. I looked on the retail locator on Shell's website but they only had Autozone and O'Relies with a couple other places mixed in. Link, I will see what those guys can get, but they are a bit of a drive for me

Who is "we"? Do you mean your work or the Walmart closest to you?

We like my family's petroleum distribution company :cool:

call your local fuel supplier like the ones who deliver fuel oil / gas and propane.they all sell bulk oil and fuel

How would I find out who this is?

We like my family's petroleum distribution company :cool:

Hmmm, it might be worth the drive then, I have to break in the car anyway