Worthless degrees

ReconRat

If you can get a job you like it's not a worthless degree. I have a very common degree that most people wouldn't consider worthless - Finance. And I hate my job and wish I would have majored in something I actually enjoy.

Edit: This is just a general statement. I'm not saying nutritional communications is a good degree to have. That's fucking stupid.

• Upvote 1

Is that from a college in California? And they learn to go around with a bull horn and yell at fat people? :eek:

No, actually, her byline said it was from a school in Vermont.

Where I'd expect Environmental Communications.

i.e. "talking to trees"

What is he inspecting? I received a MISM, love my work but hate my current job. I'm Looking! If you know any Oracle positions let me know.

Air Cooled Condensers (giant open end heat exchangers). It's brain dead work, but he's somewhat qualified.

I picked a bachelors of science.. My neighbor went to school for HVAC and cant get work. ?? Akron U has an associates degree for servers, as in waiters. That might be my next venture.

If you get an associates degree to wait tables I will punch you in the face :lol:

I actually might be moving back and going back to school this summer :nono:

what really annoys me is people who work like 4 part time jobs just to afford their shit hole apartment and then have the nerve to put other down for going to college and "wasting time" instead of working, or making fun of their degree choice

i had a guy i work with tell me that my degree will be worthless when i finish school because nobody will be looking for someone with a business degree because its too broad of a field.....this fucking bum works 3 part time jobs, rides a bicycle to work even in the snow because he cant afford to fix his truck, and doesnt celebrate any holidays or birthdays for his kids because he cant afford to "give corporations his money".....fuck him, at least im attempting to do something with my life

• Upvote 1

Regardless of degree, the internship is the best career maker out there. Paid or unpaid, get in the door! None of my psychology degree or communications degree friends are doing anything related to their degrees.

+rep to TButt and CBus when p-b rule allows...

to Tyler - employers <usually> don't care what the degree is, as long as it is there.

As CBus said, internship is a great way to get moving on a career and gain valuable experience and contacts.

My degree was good in that I used it for seven years and it motivated me to go find something else that I like to do.

Its lahk mah mama always said, "they can't take that piece of paper away from you, and it shows the employer that you can stick to something and see it through".

I don't think she knew about Nutritional Communications, though...

my degree has nothing to do with what i do today -- but it served a purpose at a young age in my life. it expanded my view or scope on how one views the world... maybe opened up doors or allowed me to actually consider different forks in the road. my degree has kept my resume from being tossed in the trash -- but has never advanced me internally, not a chance. only demonstrating my talents has or will do that.

• Upvote 1

+rep to TButt and CBus when p-b rule allows...

to Tyler - employers <usually> don't care what the degree is, as long as it is there.

As CBus said, internship is a great way to get moving on a career and gain valuable experience and contacts.

My degree was good in that I used it for seven years and it motivated me to go find something else that I like to do.

Its lahk mah mama always said, "they can't take that piece of paper away from you, and it shows the employer that you can stick to something and see it through".

I don't think she knew about Nutritional Communications, though...

this is what i was told also "it doesnt matter if you have a degree in farm animals, employers just want to know you can commit to something and finish it"....figured under that mentality, a broad degree like business cant be the worst way to go...leaves me some options open....i graduate in august and still have no idea what i want to do lol....just going to find whatever i can find and see how it is....anything is better than working UPS and pouring concrete

• Upvote 1