Washington County Roads 42 and 11

drc32-0

Spring is right around the corner so it's time to start posting up those "new to me" twisty roads to check out this season.Here's a couple to put on your "to do list"...CR42 and CR11.They're in that great riding area east of Marietta and can be used as a connector between SR26 and SR565 or SR821.If you want a fun TWISTY loop try this;Just after you go under I-77 on SR26 west on the eastside of Marietta take a right onto Colgate Dr,then right onto CR375 Glyndale Rd for two miles then veer right onto CR42 (Stanleysville Rd),CR42 will T into CR11,take a right on CR11 (Dalzell Rd),CR11 will T into SR565,take a right to SR260,right on 260 to SR26 and take another right which will take you back to the eastside of Marietta where the loop started.

I know some people might be a little skeptical about how good a county road can be,but these roads,especially CR11,rank right up there with most of the good state routes in the area.CR11 is endless medium to tight sweepers for about 10 miles,it never stops,just constant turns!:)

One caveat...all of the Washington county section has great pavement,but the last mile before you get to 565 is old pavement,not real bad,but not good.If you come in from 565,just be patient,the old pavement is just one mile and then the fun begins!

Here's a little teaser ...a small section of CR42...

IMG_2076.jpg

Another good one in the same area is SR339 from SR60 in Beverly to SR821 just north of Marietta. It's a short run but pretty fun and you can jump right on SR821 for a longer ride.

SR339 is about 5 miles north of CR11(Denzell or Danzell Rd) on SR821.That's one of the routes I take when I come down from Zanesville.Nice new pavement on SR339.

hopefully I'll remember to map this something this week and add it to the sticky of must do roads and routes I started unless you want to :) Right at the top of this sub-forum!

This thread is one person's opinion so far.I would wait and get some other opinions on these roads before I would put it in the forums "must do" roads list,but I can't imagine a curve carver not liking these roads.;)

• 2 months later...