Wtb 05-06 gsxr 1000

lightbulb

If you are interested in an 05/06, you should really consider the 07/08 as they are not much more money, but are heads and shoulders better in terms of handling. Power is similar, but more smooth and precise.

Honestly, the 07/08 is overall better than the 09/10/11s in my opinion. I think the 09/10/11s were better handling, but the power delivery was softer and lacked the bottom end the 07/08s had...

Anyways, just an idea. I know you listed two specific bikes. I just thought to suggest the 07/08 more...

As for the ego, just disregard. They are amazing bikes and just like anything else, your right wrist and brain can get you in trouble on a Ninja 250 just as easily as a 1000... Buy what you want - not what others have a misconception over...

My goal is to get a sporty all-arounder. Installing a handlebar conversion, aftermarket seat, taller windscreen, and lower pegs should get me FZ1 ergos with the advantage of a much better suspension and engine. I've targeted the K5/K6 because of its low/mid range power, sane geometry, and already soft ergos for a literbike. Performance on the track isn't a consideration, since I have a dedicated 600.

I'm in that mid-twenties stage where I want to be more practical, but don't want to give up the good stuff.

In a lot of ways I'd prefer a Speedie, but I think a faired bike is a little more flexible.

With all that said, I haven't rode either of the bikes I'm interested in. I'm open to suggestions.

My goal is to get a sporty all-arounder. Installing a handlebar conversion, aftermarket seat, taller windscreen, and lower pegs should get me FZ1 ergos with the advantage of a much better suspension and engine. I've targeted the K5/K6 because of its low/mid range power, sane geometry, and already soft ergos for a literbike. Performance on the track isn't a consideration, since I have a dedicated 600.

I'm in that mid-twenties stage where I want to be more practical, but don't want to give up the good stuff.

In a lot of ways I'd prefer a Speedie, but I think a faired bike is a little more flexible.

With all that said, I haven't rode either of the bikes I'm interested in. I'm open to suggestions.

You'd prefer the 07/08 1000 over the 05/06. The handling alone is worth the step up. Then, to make it a street fighter would be baller as Suzuki is coming out with a version of that essentially this year.

I'd say you'd probably enjoy the Speed Triple as it is already pretty much set up for what you are looking for. The GSXR would look trick, though if converted...