Pics of bullets sizes

Gump

So, a showing of some of the calibers I have.

First row, left to right

22 short

22 long

22 long rifle

22 magnum

7.62x25 Tokarev

9mm Parabellum

.357 Sig

.40 S&W

38 short

38 special

.357 Magnum

32 WCF

45 ACP

Second row, left to right.

.22 Hornet

.222 Remington

.223 Remington

.30 Carbine

7.62x39

7.62 Nato (.308)

7.65x53 Argentine Mauser

.303 Brit

7.62x54r

25-06

30-06

16 gauge

12 gauge 2.5in flare

12 gauge Buckshot

IMG_5566.jpg

Well and of course the 50 BMG in the back, wish I had a loaded one.

:D

I didn't realize there was a .22 long and .22 long rifle. I thought they were the same

Me too. Interesting photo, wonder if the projectile is moving around slightly while using the .22 conversion in the AR. If so would this eventually cause barrel scarring?

Huh? Do they even still sell both. I just always grabbed the longer ones or one that said long. They could say long or long rifle and i would have not even noticed or cared. Never paid attention.

Me too. Interesting photo, wonder if the projectile is moving around slightly while using the .22 conversion in the AR. If so would this eventually cause barrel scarring?

Guess not. Maybe spin a little goofy?

I'm going to pickup one of those kits eventually. I thought that was pretty slick.

I know CCI still makes longs. Looks like Aguila and Winchester still do also but I have never shot them. The only real advantage to the CCI cb longs is that they fire at around 700 fps so they are quiet. The CB shorts are even slower in the 5-600fps range. The cb long will feed in a 10/22 magazine, it won't cycle the action but it is great when you don't want to make a lot of noise.

I'm shooting around 1220 to 1330 fps on my .22s

And those speeds are the norm for 22LR. From what I was reading on the shorts and longs is they where both basically eclipsed by the LR when it was introduced and started to fall out of favor by the 1920-1930's. Shorts came out in the 1850's, longs in the 1870's and the LR in the 1880's. Seems there was even a 22 extra long in there that was completely phased out by the 1930's and is no longer produced.

To be honest the only reason I even have shorts and longs in my collection is just so I can practice in the house during the winter. The CB Shorts and even more so the Aguila Super Colibri are so low powered they can be fired indoors with the proper precautions. From my little pump rifle hearing protection is optional, I still always wear it with the pistol. The bullet is a 20gr round at 500fps. Most airguns would kick it's butt at that speed. I use a large box filled with phone books as a backstop. The bullets only penetrate about 2 inches into the paper and I just change the front book out when it starts to get worn. :D

Edited by vf1000ride