2004 RC51 Hayden....Cherry!!!

nukcrash69

2004 RC51 Nicky Hayden Edition

> 10K Miles

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SOLD>>>>>>>>>>> Sato Carbon/Ti Exhaust.....$1100 Stock exhaust back on it

> Power Commander 3 USB

> Dan Kyle Map

> 15/42 Gearing

> Speedo Healer

> GPR Steering Damper

> Flapper Mod

> Pair Mod

> Soft Rev Mod

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SOLD>>>>>>>>>>>> Penske Double Clicker Rear Shock.....$650...............Stock shock back on it

> Forks Ohlins Internals By GP Suspension

> Galfer SS Front Brake Lines

> HRC 1/6 Throttle Kit

> Heli Bars

> Renthal Grips

> Puig Wind Screen

> Frame Sliders

> HID Head Light (low beam)

> Proton Flush Mount Front Turn Signals

> Hotbodies Undertail

> Oberon Bar End Mirrors

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SOLD>>>>>>>>>>>> Sergeant Seat.....$225...............Stock seat back on it

This bike has been my street bike, never on the track and has never been down.

Price will come down as goodies come off. I can swap everthing back over to stock or select items to stock and adjust it from there.

As it is as of 9 Jun............$6500 OBO

Located in Alabama

Pics can be seen on this listing.

http://bham.craigslist.org/mcy/2881609914.html

Edited by nukcrash69

???? everything just makes my brain hurt! $8K! Alabama??!!....I have a 04 NH RC51 and have about everything this guys got! I'll sell it for $5K!...LOL>>! :) It will have newly powdercoated blood red rims this year! havnt put them on yet..

28a7a9e8.jpg

???? everything just makes my brain hurt! $8K! Alabama??!!....I have a 04 NH RC51 and have about everything this guys got! I'll sell it for $5K!...LOL>>! :) It will have newly powdercoated blood red rims this year! havnt put them on yet..

28a7a9e8.jpg

I now need to change my shorts, thanks.

Is that like the Super Hawk? Mikexup is selling his mint '98 superchicken for $3500. It has a whole 1411 miles, that'd be one thousand four hundred and eleven miles, on it. Stage 1 kit and D&D pipes.

Not even close to being the same bike. The Super Chicken was nothing near the bike the RC was.

That being said, the only thing remotely worth an increase in price is the suspension. But, ohlins 20mm can be had for about $500 brand new. Used Penske is maybe $500 for that bike. Exhaust and everything else doesn't add a penny in value. People think it does, but isn't an increase in value.

GLWS for sure, but that's way too high.

28a7a9e8.jpg

Are you powder coating the original time or a second set? I may be in the market for a front rim in good shape.

NADA is on a bone stock 04. However with the market like it is, stock 04s are going right at 6500.

I don't mind putting this thing back to stock.

Exhaust....800

Front Forks....500

Shock......600

Dampner...250

Heli bars...175

Mirrors...50

Bike....6500

Been watching the market since last summer on RCs and watching RC specific sites.

If you want to know what a lot of them are going for, check out cycletrader.com and walk into a dealership that has one. You'll see just how much your undercutting yourself.

If you can find an 04 with a lot of goodies for less than 6500, you better grab and check it out real good also.

I read that right, correct? $8,300? Def a sick bike lots of upgrades, but not sure that'll happen. Could be a decent starting price I guess.

GLWS, loved my RC51 for sure.

It is just a start. Those that are serious aren't affraid to shoot an offer.

NADA is on a bone stock 04. However with the market like it is, stock 04s are going right at 6500.

I don't mind putting this thing back to stock.

Exhaust....800

Front Forks....500

Shock......600

Dampner...250

Heli bars...175

Mirrors...50

Bike....6500

Been watching the market since last summer on RCs and watching RC specific sites.

If you want to know what a lot of them are going for, check out cycletrader.com and walk into a dealership that has one. You'll see just how much your undercutting yourself.

If you can find an 04 with a lot of goodies for less than 6500, you better grab and check it out real good also.

No offense, but those add-ons do not increase NADA value. If anything, they subtract as OEM stock fresh with low miles is a more requested than normal deal. Again, the fork kit is $500 new installed, the shock can be had for $500 used. The value you are asking for those items is off base. I'd say the way it sits, $6500 is a fair value. Remember, Heli-bars and stuff like that are not worth anything as nothing was wrong with the OEM stuff...

The exhaust is the same thing... If I found an RC with stock everything and lower miles, it would actually be worth more than your bike sits now. You COULD argue the fork kit and shock, but in reality, that's a grand if I look hard enough. Meaning, a good low miled RC51 is going to pull $4500-$5500 and most likely will have an exhaust unfortunately. You can ask about $1k more and be able to be in the realistic realm.

Don't go by what is advertised in Cycle Trader... Dealers either. Remember one thing about dealers - they are selling to make money and list based on a margin they are trying to get. Typically, they have a TON of room on used bikes as they do not give much on trades...

Again, $6500-$7k maybe all day for your bike...

Brian is being really nice, I don't think I would pay more then $5k for it as it sits. I've been looking at getting another streetbike but the prices some of these people are asking is outrageous, I'm seeing 04 05 600 on Cl 2000 above kbb, to the point where Im to afraid of insulting them by offering what their bikes are worth, you can't throw on a exhaust, windscreen, and fender eliminator and expect to get more then dealer retail out of it.

Grape-

The issue is that dealers are not getting used bikes right now. They are pulling REALLY stupid figures at the auction because these guys are taking and paying big bucks for bikes and shipping over seas. They are not going here... So, the used market by view of some dealers and some sellers seems really good to get a high figure.

Great if a guy in Germany wants your bike. Not so great when you wanna sell it locally...

Someone is out there for every guy's price for sure. He will sell it...

Brian is being really nice, I don't think I would pay more then $5k for it as it sits. I've been looking at getting another streetbike but the prices some of these people are asking is outrageous, I'm seeing 04 05 600 on Cl 2000 above kbb, to the point where Im to afraid of insulting them by offering what their bikes are worth, you can't throw on a exhaust, windscreen, and fender eliminator and expect to get more then dealer retail out of it.

no shit people are moronic in the last year it seems with pricing. Mainly on craigslist is where I've looked but some of the bikes I've seen I can't help but laugh at the asking prices. I like to think I have a decent handle on most of the used market by now so glad to hear I'm not nuts :lol:

No offense, but those add-ons do not increase NADA value. If anything, they subtract as OEM stock fresh with low miles is a more requested than normal deal. Again, the fork kit is $500 new installed, the shock can be had for $500 used. The value you are asking for those items is off base. I'd say the way it sits, $6500 is a fair value. Remember, Heli-bars and stuff like that are not worth anything as nothing was wrong with the OEM stuff...

The exhaust is the same thing... If I found an RC with stock everything and lower miles, it would actually be worth more than your bike sits now. You COULD argue the fork kit and shock, but in reality, that's a grand if I look hard enough. Meaning, a good low miled RC51 is going to pull $4500-$5500 and most likely will have an exhaust unfortunately. You can ask about $1k more and be able to be in the realistic realm.

Don't go by what is advertised in Cycle Trader... Dealers either. Remember one thing about dealers - they are selling to make money and list based on a margin they are trying to get. Typically, they have a TON of room on used bikes as they do not give much on trades...

Again, $6500-$7k maybe all day for your bike...

First.

None taken, it is what it is.

This is the 4th one I've owned and have been in the RC realm since 06.

The aftermarket parts due raise the value for this bike. Every RC owner knows that it is getting tougher and tougher to find perfect RC parts because a lot of the companies have stopped making them. An RC owner wants the aftermarket goodies to be perfect, no scratches or dings of anykind.

I'm on the the Zilla, Rouge and RC51. The prices I have for the parts is spot on. They would all sell in a weekend.

As for the bike, I personally know of two 04s with less on them than mine that have sold for 6k to 6500. There are even some 02s with extras listed at 6500. They will sell.

You will pay 4500 to 5k for a salvaged 04 unless they just really need the money.

On the RC specific sites though, everyone has one so they wait till you part it out. So all the extras would go in the blink of an eye. Then the bike would still go for close to 6500.

I know some of the owners that have certain ones listed on cycletrader. The one thing that makes the 04, it's the only year for the color scheme and anodized frame/swingarm.

You just have to really want an RC. Those of us that are RC enthusiast see it as much more than just a bike. It all comes into play when you ride and everyone is looking at you because they haven't seen that bike before...lol Hell, even the Harley guys come out to admire it when they see it...lol

It's an RC thing...you either have it or not.....understand it or not...lol

Edited by nukcrash69

First.

None taken, it is what it is.

This is the 4th one I've owned and have been in the RC realm since 06.

The aftermarket parts due raise the value for this bike. Every RC owner knows that it is getting tougher and tougher to find perfect RC parts because a lot of the companies have stopped making them. An RC owner wants the aftermarket goodies to be perfect, no scratches or dings of anykind.

I'm on the the Zilla, Rouge and RC51. The prices I have for the parts is spot on. They would all sell in a weekend.

As for the bike, I personally know of two 04s with less on them than mine that have sold for 6k to 6500. There are even some 02s with extras listed at 6500. They will sell.

You will pay 4500 to 5k for a salvaged 04 unless they just really need the money.

On the RC specific sites though, everyone has one so they wait till you part it out. So all the extras would go in the blink of an eye. Then the bike would still go for close to 6500.

I know some of the owners that have certain ones listed on cycletrader. The one thing that makes the 04, it's the only year for the color scheme and anodized frame/swingarm.

You just have to really want an RC. Those of us that are RC enthusiast see it as much more than just a bike. It all comes into play when you ride and everyone is looking at you because they haven't seen that bike before...lol Hell, even the Harley guys come out to admire it when they see it...lol

It's an RC thing...you either have it or not.....understand it or not...lol

Well mine is not a salvage and has full Sato Ti exhaust and Sato rear sets, Scott dampner,Pazzo levers, all other mods..ect...I guess I shouldnt sell mine for 5K! Alright guys the price is now $6500 :D Thanks Nutcrash69!! You the man! :bow::wtf: