2004 RC51 Hayden....Cherry!!!

nukcrash69

???? everything just makes my brain hurt! $8K! Alabama??!!....I have a 04 NH RC51 and have about everything this guys got! I'll sell it for $5K!...LOL>>! :) It will have newly powdercoated blood red rims this year! havnt put them on yet..

28a7a9e8.jpg

I've checked out your pic.

Sato exhaust, rearsets, dampner, I'm gonna take it you've done the freebie mods.

Your's would sell for 6k to 6500 no questions asked. With your new wheels on it, add a little more to that.

If you had the stock parts, your goodies would go for, exhaust 8-900, rearsets 350-375, dampner 3-350.

Well mine is not a salvage and has full Sato Ti exhaust and Sato rear sets, Scott dampner,Pazzo levers, all other mods..ect...I guess I shouldnt sell mine for 5K! Alright guys the price is now $6500 :D Thanks Nutcrash69!! You the man! :bow::wtf:

Just now saw this.

I'm sure there's some smartass in this posting..lol It's all good.

However I'm seriouse if you do decide to sell. If you don't know where to post it, hit me up.

I know if I were not going the route I am, I would offer you the 8-9 for your exhaust if it has no rub marks or rashing on it and all is perfect.

My starting point is set for the serious offers only. I'm not expecting whats listed, but I know what my bottom offer is and it's not 6500 as it sets right now.

I've alredy had trade offers of cars. However I'm clearing out my garage and not adding to it right now...lol

No offense, but those add-ons do not increase NADA value. If anything, they subtract as OEM stock fresh with low miles is a more requested than normal deal. Again, the fork kit is $500 new installed, the shock can be had for $500 used. The value you are asking for those items is off base. I'd say the way it sits, $6500 is a fair value. Remember, Heli-bars and stuff like that are not worth anything as nothing was wrong with the OEM stuff...

The exhaust is the same thing... If I found an RC with stock everything and lower miles, it would actually be worth more than your bike sits now. You COULD argue the fork kit and shock, but in reality, that's a grand if I look hard enough. Meaning, a good low miled RC51 is going to pull $4500-$5500 and most likely will have an exhaust unfortunately. You can ask about $1k more and be able to be in the realistic realm.

Don't go by what is advertised in Cycle Trader... Dealers either. Remember one thing about dealers - they are selling to make money and list based on a margin they are trying to get. Typically, they have a TON of room on used bikes as they do not give much on trades...

Again, $6500-$7k maybe all day for your bike...

I don't really agree with they don't add value. I'd buy his over a stock one any day. but that's just me i guess. why buy a stock one and run out and buy all that stuff. you're better off getting already installed and part of the deal. but the bike isn't worth 6500 to begin with. not to me anyway.

I don't really agree with they don't add value. I'd buy his over a stock one any day. but that's just me i guess. why buy a stock one and run out and buy all that stuff. you're better off getting already installed and part of the deal. but the bike isn't worth 6500 to begin with. not to me anyway.

A collector would want it original. I personally do not see any value of aftermarket parts for a street bike. The suspension is a value. Not worth as much as he thinks and it doesn't have to be an RC thang. It's just plain math that the parts are cheap and the penske can be converted from another model bike so, it isn't a rare deal.

As for the exhaust, you could argue the value to a degree, but again, Sato isn't the best option anyways for that bike. It's a great system, but not a big amazing thing to be added. Now, if he had the full Akra system, maybe...

The heli-bars? On a sportbike??

Anyways, it is simply a deal where a guy doesn't really look at what is realistic. I see a RC on Ebay with 4200 miles and similar mods as most have with these bikes and he's asking $5995 and would most likely take $500 less I would bet. So, $5500. Add this guy's suspension and "mods" and you could ask $6500 and be reasonable. Reasonable, though...

Over $8k is insane and again, he will probably sell it to some dude off the RC boards that just has to have one...

I've met Nuke once when he was trying to sell his cbr. He seems to know his shit, and if he thinks he can get close to 7k for his bike thats his prerogative. I dont understand all the shitting in cheerios.

He's definitely not some noob or squid. +1 for the seller.

I think a majority of these RC51 guys asking crazy amounts of money are just not getting what is considered valuable... Just because the bike doesn't exist anymore (there's a significant reason as to why), doesn't mean it turns to gold.

Here's an example of a delusional RC51 guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-Honda-RC30-51-/290670612535?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item43ad519037#v4-48

Here's a guy that is asking the same amount and at least has some reasoning as to why it could fetch $10k...

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-sport-twins-classifieds/63578-04-rc51-sale.html

$1700 difference and betting old boy would take less, just isn't worth the difference... But again, the $10k price tag in the first link reminds me about RC51 owners... Well, only some as it appears all the sane ones are members here with their reasonable offers on their own RCs...

I've met Nuke once when he was trying to sell his cbr. He seems to know his shit, and if he thinks he can get close to 7k for his bike thats his prerogative. I dont understand all the shitting in cheerios.

He's definitely not some noob or squid. +1 for the seller.

He's asking over $8k, dude... We all made some comments and he seems to think we are all out of touch... Just sayin.

I also agree and have mentioned the fact that he can ask whatever he wants and most likely will get what he asks.

If he asks $6500 for what he posted, that's a different story and falls into where I am suggesting makes sense...But, you are off by about $1300... WE WERE suggesting $6500...

• Upvote 1

I think a majority of these RC51 guys asking crazy amounts of money are just not getting what is considered valuable... Just because the bike doesn't exist anymore (there's a significant reason as to why), doesn't mean it turns to gold.

Here's an example of a delusional RC51 guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-Honda-RC30-51-/290670612535?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item43ad519037#v4-48

Here's a guy that is asking the same amount and at least has some reasoning as to why it could fetch $10k...

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-sport-twins-classifieds/63578-04-rc51-sale.html

$1700 difference and betting old boy would take less, just isn't worth the difference... But again, the $10k price tag in the first link reminds me about RC51 owners... Well, only some as it appears all the sane ones are members here with their reasonable offers on their own RCs...

Lol.

Don't really like the first one.

The second one. No he won't take less than 10k. That's his bottom price. Many have tried and A WHOLE LOT are trying to get him to part it out. I'm included...lol

It will probably sell for the 10k, I know one that has looked at it for a while now. If he pulls the trigger it will be parted out to make more than he payed for it.

The BSTs and forks will go in less than a minute.

No matter what about them not making it anymore. It's been the most fun bike out of all, that 90 of RC owners have ridden. It seem most that have owned one, always want another one after they have gotten rid of what they had. It just becomes a part of you more than any other bike.

All other's are just considered cookie cutter bikes.

Those that sell for the "reasonable offers " are letting money just fall out of your pocket.

However it is good to sell at certain prices to people you know and are friends with. There's only one person I'd sell her to for 6500 as it sits. If they call, I'll take it off the market and do the deal.

either way beautiful bike, love the sound out of them, its just a lot more then what Im looking at spending right now!!! GLWS LBTS and all that other nonsense

I know I know. It's all good.

It's priced to go to someone that won't squid it out etc.

I'm open to offers, but from above you can kinda see where I'm at.

All in all, within the next week or so, she will probably be chopped down a bit and new pics taken with a new price.

The more I read Nukcrash69 the more I love him!...In a non sexual way of course! Love you man!!! I have been riding sportbikes for almost 30yrs and have had all kinds of them! This RC51 my freinds is the cats ass! It just has that something...In about 8yrs this bike will be a sought after bike way more than it is now! you have heared it here first.........

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet wheels sanlot17.

Mine is gonna be chopped up this weekend for one individual that wants the exhaust and prob the shock.

On another note, the guy that has his listed for 10K has a sale to someone in Cali pending.

Someone posted "Heli Bars on a sportbike", yes.

I didn't place them on there, however the previous owner did, and like me we both ride long distance no matter what were on.

Once you ride 546 miles one way on an RC51, only stopping for gas. Let me know so we can shake hands and you can join our club...lol

• 2 months later...

Updated as of today 9 Jun. $6500 OBO

For those that have RCs, here's what I took off and sold.

These prices include shipping and paypal fees only in the U.S. I will ship anywhere in the world however we have to work on the details.

I will answer and wait on replies in which the order someone PMs me etc.

>>>>>>>SOLD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sergeant seat......$225

>>>>>>>SOLD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Penske Double Clicker Rear Shock set for 215.....$650

>>>>>>>SOLD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sato Carbon Low mounts, cherry condition. I will send pics upon request.....$1100