Jail break my iphone

Hoblick

I actually meant what one you have, but you can also change the version to which one you would prefer as well. To check:

-Go under Settings

-General

-About

Read This. For the iPhone 4 you will need redsn0w 0.9.10b5c. Once you have downloaded it (either from that link or this one), connect you phone, run redsn0w, put the phone into DFU mode (directions below) and click jailbreak.

DFU mode:

-Hold the Home & Power buttons on your device simultaneously for 10 seconds.

-Release the Power button without releasing the home button. Continue holding Home for another 10 seconds.

-Release Home, and your screen should stay completely black.

No info will be lost, at least I never have but backing up before hand is always a good idea

As a first time jail break it should be fine as long as you back it up. Now once it's jailbroken and you want to upgrade the OS, that can get tricky because you already have jailbroken apps or themes that will not be applied to the restored iPhone until you re jailbreak. Had many times where this has happened. Contacts and most apps are usually still there but the apps are never in the place I left them(in folders), they have lost all user data and all my music is gone which may be the worst part for me because I hate trying to condense 50gigs of music into a 16gig iPhone.

Also, DO NOT upgrade to 5.1 or you are screwed until they release the jb for it which could be next week or it could be a year from now.

Allows you to customize your iPhone/iPod/iPad way more than apple allows you too and allows you to download different apps that aren't on the app store for various reasons and other such features

Back up everything in itunes before you jailbreak and you will be fine. If you have an iPhone I would assume you use itunes for your music so you won't ever lose any of it and itunes also backs up all of your contacts, apps, pictures, etc. IMO, upgrading to a new version of the OS is usally a waste of time unless it's something like iOS 5 where they made a lot of fundmental changes to the system. It seems to me like they release these updates just to get people to un-jailbreak their phones.

I decided to wait until they have a MyWi that will work under the new Jailbreak. I jailbrioke mine up until 5.0, but most of the things I did with the jailbreak IOS 5.1 already has it covered. I jailbroke a couple weeks ago and alot of apps were still quite buggy.

I decided to wait until they have a MyWi that will work under the new Jailbreak. I jailbrioke mine up until 5.0, but most of the things I did with the jailbreak IOS 5.1 already has it covered. I jailbroke a couple weeks ago and alot of apps were still quite buggy.

Use PDAnet, its much more reliable than MyWi which breaks with every minor OS revision. You can even do "Hide Teather" which disguises the traffic as legitimate iPhone traffic in case your carrier likes to detect if you are tethering without paying for the service.

Edited by JStump

Also, SBSettings in Cydia is one of my favorite things about jailbreaking. It allows you to quickly toggle things like wifi, 3g, bluetooth, ssh(also something very cool and worth looking into) and allows you to do soft and hard reboots if your phone locks up or has signal issues.

Also, SBSettings in Cydia is one of my favorite things about jailbreaking. It allows you to quickly toggle things like wifi, 3g, bluetooth, ssh(also something very cool and worth looking into) and allows you to do soft and hard reboots if your phone locks up or has signal issues.

^^^ This FTW