Vista kawasaki: typical shop

RSparky

So, I haven't gotten to ride much after I got my bike back but I did today.. Couldnt not ride.

I still have the plastics off except for the bra, so I figured the extra noise may have been wind on the ride home from the shop. On my way home today, I experimented to figure it out. They had my chain cranked too tight. And it was pretty dry.. Granted, I didn't lube it up before hiding it over or anything. But they were doing the full maintenance though. Brakes, brake fluid, coolant, valve check, oil and installing a couple doohickeys for my lazy self.

Nice guys, helpful and friendly too. But a mechanic is a mechanic I guess. I would have done it myself if I weren't busy as all hell with school. They probably just weren't paying attention.

I guess its a reminder to check your shit yourself.

edit: after reading the bike temp thread, I checked my coolant for the hell of it. Sure, it's a month after I got my bike back but I would have noticed a pool of coolant on the carpet, and two dead dogs nearby if it overflowed. And I guess I just assumed they did their job. Woops. It was barely visible in the reservoir, a full gauge length under the low mark. hoping it was an air bubble, I rode a bit. It's not like I haven't been riding this past month. After getting up to temp, it was still halfway under the low mark. I put my own coolant and water in and vowed to never go to vista again.

Called them monday to inform them of their incompetent service department, and see if they would offer to make it right. Guy just said I couldn't prove it was them. Well, that may be true, but I can prove I won't be talking to him again.

:rant:

Edited by RSparky